Someone's cheating on the coop leaderboard

The leaderboard is a mess anyway: It doesn't care which map versions and game patches you played on.

@melanol said in Someone's cheating on the coop leaderboard:

The leaderboard is a mess anyway: It doesn't care which map versions and game patches you played on.

This is one of the reasons why I give low priority to cleaning up.
Basically you'd need "seasons" aka each patch opens a new season.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Wouldnt be so bad considering the frequency of coop patches

I was talking about faf base patches actually as they all change the gameplay

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

I suggest we remove the adjustable speed option as a valid way to get into the leaderboard, as it forces you to play on very low speed.

It doesn t force anyone to play on low speed, you can freely choose whether you play on -10 or + 10

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@rezy-noob Same as doping in sports. You don't have to, but it makes you stronger, and it feels like cheating. Want to know how I beat some coop ratings? -10.

good job. still can't see the reason why should it be forbidden

The scoreboard will be revamped some day anyway. Probably will have different categories as well.

@rezy-noob I can why, if you adjusting the time you allowing your self more time to react to something and plan for expanction's. so say 2 people good have a in game play time of 30 mins but one takes hour 30 IRL to play it due to slowing the game down. i agree that adjustable sim should not be a valid leaderboard score as that is not the default settings.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

playing around with time makes you efficient, i think people that dedicate lots of time to achieve extreme efficiency have to be rewarded, afterall, we are talking about performance.
i'd like to point out that speedrunning includes the usage of any resource and options available.
back to the main post, yeah, cheating will not be tolerated, the progress will be hidden from the leaderboard

I think that it is fine too - the leaderboard is not used for tournaments or used in some fashion that allows them to benefit financially. If someone wants to achieve the best time by spending an entire day on a -10 game then... respect to them.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Im also assuming even if adjustable speed was to be excluded from the leaderboard you could slow the game down by slowing your cpu and/or running other stuff in the background to get around it