I hate FAF

I've installed the new update and I got all my preferences deleted.

This is the 13th time that my settings are resetted, I know that this is an open source thing, but this is time were not my UI mods to get deleted, but my fucking hotkey and templates too !!

I dunno I used to love this game but now I only see the option to quit it .. u can reinstall your UI mods in a 10 mins but u need a half day to reconfigure all your hotekey..

FA is not Forever 😞 bye

lox

one day I will find the supreme commander

just save your gameprefs somewhere,takes like 10 seconds

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

*IF I had saved them somewhere

@rezy-noob said in I hate FAF:

just save your gameprefs somewhere,takes like 10 seconds

This should not be needed

edit: nvm, doesn't have anything to do with that setting

I think they made the "Vault Fallback Location" ticked by default, check if it's on, turn it off and then see if it finds your old gameprefs.

991e02cc-b095-4482-a3fc-a3b0bebce15a-grafik.png

The client doesn't move or really touch the game.prefs file. All it does is if it detects that on startup that a game.prefs file does not exist in the FA installation directory then it will create a new one.

So most likely this is a file permissions issue.

hi all guys. maybe I made too much of a drama.
I re-made the hotkeys manually.. It didn't take so much, but I've learned the lesson to make a backup every once in a while.

Btw, is there a folder also for the settings ? they really reset by themselves every damn week..

Which settings? And yeah sounds like these files are not readable by the client for some reason so check the file permissions

@Sheikah I mean the settings of the client, like notifications off, faction desired for matchmaking etc..

Yes then most likely the client can't read the files and then assumes they don't exist