Collaborative Contribution in FAF

I would like to propose to make a group of activists in our community called AntiToxic. Now I myself am learning this skill, to be calm, reasonable, correct and kind. The purpose of this group is to monitor the integrity of the communication between the players on the FAF forum and during the gameplay. I think that would be an interesting idea.

make list of RTS or gaming forums or communities or discords or reddit or anything and spam/sneaky-spam/create legit threads about faf there.
each time there is a news occasion like "oh FAF now has a map generator" we go down the list and spam.
or just "don't buy FA on GOG cause you will not be able to play FAF"
or when FA is on discout.

Keep track of youtubers and lestplayers and when they ask what game they need to play next we attack them.
Here is a guy who we succesfully pulled into trying supcom https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDva9utX0qc96rrZa-8rrUw
and he has more subscribers than Gyle and they all were new to the game so it is much more important.

Edit:
Originaly i took this idea from TA4life.
We also assume that there is no bad publicity
TA4Life tryed to get day9 to play FAF
FAF was one of the things you could vote for as next game on day9 forums
that alone already raises awarness of FAF.
But imagine if FAF would actually win the vote, that would be bigger than english Yuri Ivanov for FAF.
Also his idea was to target sc2 players as they are the most numerous.

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@kitenoob said in Collaborative Contribution in FAF:

I would like to propose to make a group of activists in our community called AntiToxic. Now I myself am learning this skill, to be calm, reasonable, correct and kind. The purpose of this group is to monitor the integrity of the communication between the players on the FAF forum and during the gameplay. I think that would be an interesting idea.

Should this not be moderation? If you feel that player behavior is this severe that a group needs to be formed on top of moderation, it might be easier to request with the association / board that stricter measures are employed by moderation.

@morax some players behave unacceptably. mixing others with dirt. in turn, the following begin to behave the same way. and this snowball will ever get up in the throat of the FAF community

@morax
in addition, I want to add that the players do not observe the active work of moderation, because only 1 moderator works. it becomes harder and harder to tolerate this toxicity.
When I try to be kind to the players, and they shit on me in the chat or in private messages, what should I answer them? should I start being like them? this question has been bothering me since I started actively participating in the life of the community. maybe you will say that you do not know me, maybe it is so. I have not yet achieved high results in tournaments or got into any elections. but I try to promote antitoxicity with my hashtag on streams and in ru-discords.

@kiteNoob yes I agree that there’s really not enough moderators available, and with such a small community that is kind of expected.

As far as creating a hashtag following, I like the idea… in time that could develop to a network of people who can associate with others and distance from those who are not keen on the ideas.

I thought you were trying to create a self-moderation environment but that’s not exactly the case here.

I would have to hear more from you and discuss your ideas in detail to get the full picture, though.

what should I answer them?

You should submit a moderation report.

@askaholic said in Collaborative Contribution in FAF:

what should I answer them?

You should submit a moderation report.

Yeah I agree, but they’re like months behind reports…

@morax no, I'm not trying to get moderator status with this post. I applied to become a moderator, but any information about this has died down. I would be happy to help sort out the reports with all the rigor of the law and complete composure.

just want to make our community more friendly towards players towards each other. I'm not talking about the statements of streamers on their broadcasts. I would be happy to raise this question, if you are interested in it. it seems to me that he also requires his attention.

@morax no, I'm not trying to get moderator status with this post. I applied to become a moderator, but any information about this has died down. I would be happy to help sort out the reports with all the rigor of the law and complete composure.

Irony is i tried to sign up for a moderator so i can help them out with going over the reports in the games but many months passed and i heard no words from them.

If they declined me i would love to know.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

If we haven't answered doesn't necessarily mean we declined your application. We are onboarding new moderators at a steady pace and have all the applications still stored. It would be less than ideal to get 7 or some other larger number of new moderators on to the team at once, and try to get everyone acquainted with moderation tasks, tools etc. 🙂

Shortly put it is an ongoing process.

If we haven't answered doesn't necessarily mean we declined your application. We are onboarding new moderators at a steady pace and have all the applications still stored. It would be less than ideal to get 7 or some other larger number of new moderators on to the team at once, and try to get everyone acquainted with moderation tasks, tools etc. 🙂

I apologize it was not meant to be as attack on you or the mod team but i will call it fair game that people who signed up to be moderators or other duties that FAF is looking or searching for they should be at very least be updated and not put them on hold for seven+ months (in my chase at least). And i do know that it is not on you for process being so long but reported games have piled up almost twice in the number from what i heard, and yet no new moderators have been picked to help them out even if is temporarily.

Tho on that note you did offered me later on if i wanted to update my application to push it more up to mod team so i will commend that respectfully.

@Giebmasse

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...