New Map Generator UI!
With Downlord's Client 1.1.9 the map generator has gained a new UI for generating maps with user specified terrain options.
In order to GENERATE and PLAY maps which utilize the UI options you MUST HAVE Downlord's Client Version 1.1.9 or higher
The following options are available as inputs to map generation:
Number of Spawns: Number of spawn points the map is generated with. Supports 2 to 16 players. Currently only supports balanced team spawns.
Map Size: Size of the map to be generated. Only supports square maps (5km, 10km and 20km).
Water: The probability/amount of water appearing on the map
Plateaus: The probability/amount of plateaus appearing on the map
Mountains: The probability/amount of mountains appearing on the map
Ramps: The probability/amount of ramps appearing on the map (Note: Ramps are the connections between plateaus and ground level)
It is also now possible to regenerate a map by using the name of the form neroxis_map_generator_(version)(seed)(options)
This can also be utilized to specify the options directly. The format for parsing the options from the map name can be found in the source.
Client Version 1.1.9 also supports watching replays of generated map games
- Generation time increases with map size. Optimizations are underway.
- Generating 16 player 5km maps may occasionally fail due to space constraints. If this occurs generate with new seed.
- Map Terrain Generation originally optimized for 10km maps. Optimization for 5km and 20km maps still underway.
- Terrain control options are not a guarantee that a certain amount of that feature will be present in the generated map. They are used for initial seeding only.
- Maps with mostly water will generate water mexes where possible rather than clumping mexes on small amounts of land
- Map Generation not supported on the python client
- Maps Generated Names of the form neroxis_map_generator_(version)_(seed) where seed is numeric will be compatible with older clients
Feel free to stop by the Map Generator Discord: https://discord.gg/XZW62UdYfm
Additionally new features have been added and are included below
- Unit Wrecks now spawn as reclaim (T1-T3 Land, T2 Destroyers, T2 Navy Factories)
- New Symmetries Added (Symmetries: X, Y, XY, YX, QUAD, DIAG, POINT)
- Reclaim Generation Improved (Added cliff rocks and variation of placement)
- Mex Expansions Added (Expansions of 2-4 mexes randomly placed on map)
- Support Mexes Added (Each Base will have 1-3 support mexes nearby)
- Generate previews with better coloring and lighting
- Guarantee space for base building at spawn points
- Odd/Even Teams are guaranteed on all maps and represent mirror positions
As always if you have any suggestions for features of the map generator please comment in this thread.
If a generated map has issues please let me know by messaging me with the map name so that the cause can be investigated.