2021 April League Invitational

Alright, people can feel free to sign up here or message me via pm. I'll begin adding people that are interested in playing now. Your seeding will be based on your placement in the league, so even if you placed out of the top 8 you can still sign up in the case someone decides they cannot show up.

As a reminder the tournament is on both the 10th and the 11th.

I am join the fight

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

Signing up

Let's go!

Posted the condensed 15 map pool.

@FtXCommando said in 2021 April League Invitational:

Each player will be given the right to 3 vetoes and the bottom player in the bracket will be given the first veto.

Just to be clear :
bottom player in the bracket = bottom seed = player with lowest rating / or / player with lowest league points ?

At this rate we soon have more tournaments than people in the respective bracket. Not saying it’s bad, just saying.

@Auricocorico said in 2021 April League Invitational:

@FtXCommando said in 2021 April League Invitational:

Each player will be given the right to 3 vetoes and the bottom player in the bracket will be given the first veto.

Just to be clear :
bottom player in the bracket = bottom seed = player with lowest rating / or / player with lowest league points ?

It'll be the player with the lowest league points. I'm really impartial to it being rating or league points, I just stuck with league points because it makes it easier for me to seed the initial invited players as people sign up.

Also I’m still looking for anybody interested in casting the event on Saturday specifically, Sunday is already covered.

Damn i'm so screwed xD

I'm just asking, but is there any way to fit/modify this tournament into one day, or split up between 2 weeks? I love playing tournaments and all, but for me personally this will be 4-6 hour chunks of my weekend started at 10AM and going until 2-4PM. It kind of destroys my entire weekend to participate in this. I'm not sure if I will be able to make this tournament anymore, I have work to do and/or actually want to go outside and do things now that the weather is nice. Granted, that's my perogative, but for a smaller bi-monthly tournament to take this long on two consecutive days is a bit brutal for people who want/need to do things on the weekend.

Just my two cents.

I can play for 100$ when u wanna it, so that is only ur problem Tex, wanna money work hard!

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

It's round Robin, so I guess it's very easy to play some games another day if you think you'll have limited time on the week end right ? Like, you could choose to play one opponent or two during the week.
Just play pespi or thomas on the weekend so it can be streamed on faflive

Stuff can be worked out but there are a few things to consider:

1. You can’t do a 7 part round-robin over a single day unless they are all BO1 which is a terrible format.
  2. The single weekend is my subjective opinion. I felt that it’s easier to reserve a single free weekend, particularly since these series are consistently the 2nd week of every even month, than it is to reserve 1 day over 2 weekends. I also know from personal experience that the longer of a time you put between tournament dates, the larger the attrition rate typically goes.
  3. I would personally rather have something that allows the players to play everyone to compete for where they should be. While you can do things like double elimination, it does mean an unfortunate seeding could knock you out fairly quickly.

Ultimately it’s up to whether people want to sacrifice the general bullshit double elimination can bring or want to do round robin.

I’m not sure how to feel about the weekday games idea. It would need to be discussed on a case-by-case basis and might make things extremely complicated pretty quickly. I’d rather it be the exception than the rule.

I'm in favor of round robin, it's interesting for the bottom seeds, we can play more games.
It brings a lot of game time for everybody, which makes it complicated to suit everyone ... but what's the problem and the complication if two players play few games in advance to reduce the time spent on the weekend ?

We kinda see each other often on aeolus, it's easy to just pm each other and set it up without annoying the TD.
So far only Tex expressed the need to reduce the gaming time on the week end, so if it's just him, it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Because then I need to keep track of who showed up at the intended time for the next game. It isn’t “oh we didn’t play so just void the game” because then people void rounds they think they would lose and the guy that felt he had the advantage is pissed off. It means I or some other TD now needs to reorganize their lives to make sure they are present to ensure people live up to the time they intended to show up at.

Yes it isn’t a big deal when it’s a single person doing a few games, but it very quickly becomes a total shitfest once it’s half the tourney doing it.

Round robin is fun for sure. Don't get my wrong, I am excited to play this, should nothing else come up to take me away from it. And I am with FTX that organizing 'out of tournament time' games is a shitshow. Never seen it work well, even for tournaments designed around it. I was just voicing my two cents and seeing if anything else could be done, or if anyone else was sharing my concerns.

BO1 is kinda lame for round robin
BO2 might work, but would be tricky.
BO3 is ideal, but long when you consider 7 BO3s.

Round robin is fun, and we don't get to do it enough. And it would be fun to play against more people we usually don't fight and see some upsets.

Double elim isn't that bad

Single elim would blow for this.

Swiss style maybe?

so i can signup right? i wanna participate but just have no time to play ladder right now

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

Yes, it works like LotS except instead of rating it’s league placement that can push your seed down.

Upon further consideration, getting up at 6AM to play a long series of sad games in front of millions of live viewers sounds like a bad idea. I give up my slot.