More visible direct fire ground hits

I think there should be more indications that your units are hitting the ground. We obviously learn to spacebar-survey the ground, but I still sometimes miss it and noobs are hit by it much more.

I suggest:

• Direct fire weapons shoot up high but thin dust plumes whenever they hit the ground.
    • Splash, indirect fire and beam weapons don't.
  • Plume is proportional to damage, capped to 100% size at T2 PD level (~70 damage).

This is already part of the game. Depending on the terrain type the bullets will generate different effects. Sadly, not all maps use this and not all terrain types produce significant effects.

3ba30e25-3067-4827-8356-bbfd60d1db1c-image.png

1b45de4f-06db-4bad-ba86-5851a4ad86fe-image.png
An example of two scouts ground firing this hill, you can see the effect ever so slightly.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@Jip said in More visible direct fire ground hits:

This is already part of the game. Depending on the terrain type the bullets will generate different effects. Sadly, not all maps use this and not all terrain types produce significant effects.

That's good, but it is apparently not good enough if I never noticed it. Then again, my eyesight is actually bad.

Still, proper sighted people, please comment if you ever noticed this and if it is visible enough...

Game probably can be modded (similar to strategic icons with editing core-files) so particle effects for hitting ground would be some unusual noticeable color (very bright pink ?), dunno how to change particle effects colors, but probably possible.

As i know, you can change effects of anything in game

RK's explosions is ranked and way better if we talk about graphics,can't be counted as an UI but still a wonderful mod that might be forgotten or smth,try it,maybe you'll find something new or some other opportunities

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko