Please change billy nuke animation

Hi,

May i humbly suggest to the dev team that you change the billy nuke animation from the current com-bomb animation to something else?
It is really not the same as a com-bomb or a nuclear detonation.
Preferably change it to the support commander explosion animation.

Thanks for reading.

Hello, i've already downscaled the fx quite a bit in this PR : https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/3200
if you ask me, this suits better the sub nuke explosion and not a billy; but it took me already a big amount of time to down scale it at that point, and i'm not sure (most likely not) if i will find more time and the will to downscale it more.

@Kars said in Please change billy nuke animation:

It is really not the same as a com-bomb or a nuclear detonation.
Preferably change it to the support commander explosion animation.

Billy:
Radius 15-25
Damage 250-12250

ACU death:
Radius 30-40
Damage 500-2500

SML Nuke:
Radius 30-40
Damage 500-70500

Sub Nuke:
Radius 30-40
Damage 3000-25000

SACU death:
Radius 10
Damage 1000

It's certainly a lot more impactful than an SACU death, and does substantially more damage than an ACU death. Only the radius is smaller

@Deribus my issue is that it looks like a nuclear detonation. A nuke kills everything (except high tier experimentals). A com-bomb having this animation is understandable because of the significance of such an event.
The billy nuke however is on another level.

People trying to nerf billy man

Half the reason it’s any good is how obnoxious it is and that it scares people for like 8 seconds

@FtXCommando Also the memes. Can't discount the memes man 😛

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

the animation for both the ACU death nuke and billy nuke should be scaled down since they are not proportional to the amount of damage they do.

To be completely fair acu death nuke was supposed to be 70,000