AI Wave Survival Mod Information

@slykar

Can you give me more information? Any mods being used?

Hello my friend and I are trying to play this mod.
The unit mods we are using are total mayhem, wyvern battle pack mod, black ops, brewlan
The issue is as soon as the waves Start the game gives us numerous dysync errors. We are unsure as to what the issue is.
Any help? I'll he more than happy to give more info as needed!

@lavastorm

That is a lot of unit mods. I've only tested with BrewLAN, Blackops, and Total Mayhem individually, and with Blackops and Total Mayhem together. Never tried with Wyvern. Usually, Total Mayhem causes a desync on start that can be ignored, as it has no impact on gameplay.

If you have a replay ID, I can check and see if it is an issue I can correct.

Is there a way to "denoise" the Game.prefs from all the custom settings from this mod?

@rama how would I obtain that?
We also figured that Brewlan was conflicting with one of the other unit mods but I'm not sure which one atm

v286

Some balance changes:

Makes Game Harder:

• All bosses now spawn max veterancy. This prevents an occurrence where bosses would lose their health boosts if they vetted up, making them easy to kill.
  • Spawned defensive buildings and artillery are max veterancy.
  • Waves will gain veterancy based on mass income of team, maxing out at 10k mass.
  • Airdrops will drop randomly vetted units.
  • Rifts will increase veterancy level based on number of Rift Nukes intercepted.
  • Artillery now gain Damage Amplification damage boost, if the feature is on.
  • If HQ health is too low that killing a Support Base or Alternate HQ would kill HQ, instead damage will be deflected and cause half of wave to be destroyed at random.

Makes Game Easier:

• ACU Hunters have had torp damage reduced by more than half.
  • Storm Launchers energy costs reduced by half, mass costs and build time reduced by 10%. Storm Missiles have increased speed and acceleration. Storm Launcher's passive tac missiles have 2 hp, to be more effective against navy.
  • Abyss, reduced costs and build time by 10%. Increased shield strength from 25k to 26k, missile range from 150 to 160, shield bubble from 60 to 70, antitorp defense range from 50 to 60, and depth charges range from 40 to 50 and damage to 2k.
  • Guardian Shields increased shields from 55k to 60k and regen rate to 400hp/s.
  • Spawned reinforcements are fully vetted and have orbs attached for additional firepower.

The Yolona blueprint replacement breaks the visuals from the unit's script and makes the weapon unresponsive since it uses WeaponRepackTimeout instead of RackSalvoReloadTime.
FAF's Yolona was changed to not have the weapon unpacking typical of other launchers since it doesn't need that to control its fire rate: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/5758

Edit: Using MuzzleChargeDelay instead of RackSalvoChargeTime can also make the launcher not respond like you would want it to, it'll fire in 5 seconds regardless of the launch order being cancelled.

Hello Rama,

thanks for you work. it keeps me playing FAF.

v287 and current client version from 12.07.2024 -> Transporters are super slow, as you mentioned in chat,.

Hello Rama,

we just played on Seton's #22930939, you can see that around min 37 and min 57 the mobile SMDs did not work (once for choco and once for mansR). In the past I had it quite often, that the mobile SMDs did not work (even if you had both, mobile and stationary, next to each other), so I always go the UEF SMDs w/o any mobile. Also the UEF's SMDs are currently the only SMD buildings which can be constructed. I'm not sure what interacts here wrong.
On some maps SMDs do not work at all, like on the Epic Water Pass where SMDs in the brown corners do not send anti-nukes #22890868
Anyway: in general these are only minor issues, it's a great mod and it's so much fun to play.
Thank you 🙂

@lanthanplan

I checked the replays, and looked like the mobile SMD had issues when on sloped terrain. They did fire, but look to have fired their SMD into the ground. I've adjusted their Firing Tolerance in v288 of the mod, and did some testing on sloped terrain. Hopefully, that corrects the issue.

Game won't start despite HQ spawn being set in replay #22959277, seems to be a map issue.
Error running lua script: ...er\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua(19115): attempt to call method `GetArmyIndex' (a nil value) stack traceback: ...er\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua(19115): in function `GetAIOrHumanEnemyBrain' ...er\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua(19354): in function <...er\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua:19324>

Also it's frustrating to lose to SMD having issues with nukes:

• would be nice to have front-targeted nukes fire first so front SMD can kill front nukes instead of rear-targeted nukes.
  • change the SMD projectile to bypass terrain and have better turning so that it is more consistent.
  • Maybe create some new weapon code to improve SMD targeting so they don't lock up the target for so long. There is already some code to do that in the FAF repo applied to TMD so I'd start there (DisableWhileReloading bp field).

Hi Rama, I've been trying AI Wave Survival, and have enjoyed it a lot. Clearly a lot of thought and customization has gone into this mod. I have a question about adding another configurable option. Can adjusting the Rift orbs count be enabled as a setting? The goal would be to create a survival style where HQ is not very strong, but there are a lot of Rift orbs and Air drops raining down. The play style would be to survive all the rift orbs and fight to the HQ and surrounding support bases.

Potential Rift Orb Config Options:
Count, Frequency, First launch timing, Health, maybe target destination (maybe alternatives to random), how often SMD gets disabled when they are fired.

@lightwire

I was planning on adding some type of option for a rift survival like that. Though, the options list has ballooned so much, I've stopped adding customizations and plan to try and trim the options list. Currently, rift count is tied to Support Base count, and increasing bases will increase total rift count, which can be used as a way to have more rifts until I add the rift survival mode.