Advanced Selection Extension

This mod is superior version of old Selection Deprioritizer. ASE provides with more features and more stable and performant compared to predecessor.

Options

With options menu you can enable and disable certain functions in real time.
options

Lets go through each one of them to see what they do.

Domain filters

You can select what domain to prioritize during game. To do that you need to bind a key for Rotate Domain order. Rotating domain orders makes them be prioritized above others and the order is show with a message and with cursor label.

domain filter

You can also use auto one, but it is an experimental feature and requires some time to get used to.

Unit lock

You can lock units from selecting with others. Only locked units can be selected together or with shift pressed. Bind Toggle units lock to use the feature.

unit lock

Assister filter

Some units are crucial to be near others. Mobile shields, land scouts and stealth fields won't be selected if they are guarding any other unit.

assist filter

Hovers and Naval

Hovers are helpful during naval combat, but they are considered as Land domain units. You can enable that hovers will be selected with naval units.

hovers and naval

Exotics

Most units must stay behind others and should not be selected in first place. With that feature you can forget about long ranged units going in with rest of others during fights.

exotics

Compatibility

Mod may be incompatible with other mods that alter selection and somehow use it. Definitely incompatible Selection Deprioritizer.

Requires UI Mod Tools to function.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Good stuff, will try this

Very nice that hovers now included in Naval, was crucial for navy maps - thank you!

I expect some reviews and suggestions from you, good luck!

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@ctrl-k

Mid-game it randomly breaks for me. it selects air and land together.

@stormlantern What other mods do you have installed? What options are enabled?

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@ctrl-k

I didn't alter any settings. I do have a bunch of mods installed.

@StormLantern
I can't read your mind

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods