Build templates created no longer save when not playing online game

I think the recent patches have broken this. I am unable to save newly created build templates when playing offline in skirmish or when starting a game directly from the FAF exe file.
I can only create a new build template but now have to play an online game in solo mode to create and saved them. Anyone experiencing this or can it be fixed?

@Sheikah in what cases is a separate prefs file used?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Never, this likely just means the game can't write to the prefs file for some reason

This only has happened recently I think the recent patches have broken something or the changes are deliberate. As it now stands you have to start an online game in solo to create and save them. This makes no sense should be able to do this in offline mode and start a skirmish game and save the prefs file.

I am unable to reproduce the issue.

I was playing in offline mode, did a skirmish match, created a random template, and it worked fine. Even after restarting everything while offline, it still worked.

It sounds like a strange bug in your environment. First, I would suggest making a backup of your current .prefs file. Second, then remove the .prefs to recreate it again by starting the game via Gog/Steam once to create a new profile. Maybe it will fix it, when you try the templates again after that.

Hi @magge I replaced the prefs file with an earlier one that I backed up sometime ago. Went in offline mode created a new build template and named it. It shows in the build templates. I then exit the game and restart another skirmish game when I go back into the templates the one I created and renamed is no longer there. Running Windows 11 with the latest patch and client build. It only works if I'm playing an online game and creating them.

Does anyone else have this issue?
I think it's the recent patch changes or client change.

I have just tested on another PC Windows 7 with another account with the latest patch and client update.
Same thing happens any new created templates don't reappear when the offline game is exited and new skirmish game is started.
If you restart the skirmish game and don't exit the created building template is there.
As this is tested on 2 different PCs Windows 7 and Windows 11 it appears to have happened in a recent patch or client update.

@magge did you exit the game not restart and then start a new skirmish game?

You are right, if I do not exit the whole game, after the first match and restart another match from the main menu, the template from the first game does not show up for the second match. Unfortunately, I have no idea why this strange behavior occurs.

Interesting; I think I know what causes it 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@Jip What do you think is causing it? There might be a workaround without having to play an online game just to modify or create a build template. This was working prior to the recent updates.