MapBan System - Map List

@FunkOff It's for tournaments. Many tournaments have a system of establishing one or more map pools for the tournament (e.g., different map pools for Groups A B C and D during LotS, and another map pool for the Round of 8). With this system, often players are allowed to ban (veto) a certain number of maps and then the players choose from what is left for the tournament games.

The process of map selection requires players to understand the process or else it creates extra work for TDs. This is a software tool for automating the process of map vetoes/map selection, to make it easier for everyone involved.

One of my maps are not on this list while they are in ladder. Can I make the desired screenshot for that map (and others)? I see in your other post that it requires a 990x556px image - any other requirements for the images?

Also - great job on whoever made all these images so far. I can quite imagine it to have taken a few hours - at least.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

svenni_badbwoi has done some great work with some of the older maps and has really improved them, I can see some of them are already in this list. It would be great to replace some of the other maps with those versions on ladder, forbidden pass being one of them.

Ive added the previsoe post at the top

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Abhor.jpg
@Jip If your maps are in the ladder all i need is them in that size format you quoted, I just used the Builting Border Settings with rantom faction on to cycnle throgh the background and then just sniping tooled the map till it fit into the Size needed. Also added a Submision form to the Main post at the top

@relentless said in MapBan System - Map List:

svenni_badbwoi has done some great work with some of the older maps and has really improved them, I can see some of them are already in this list. It would be great to replace some of the other maps with those versions on ladder, forbidden pass being one of them.

The forbiden pass is the FAF version so ive editied the title there were a few i did check if they had a new version jsut forgot to change the name in the list

I don't post a lot, but this is a fantastic idea and will make big tourneys look a lot more legit

Nice to have the tool I guess, but I don't think doing map bans by PM was even a minor legitimacy problem given it's how they do it in online SC2 tournaments, and especially not in comparison to having someone currently in the Ro8 for FAF's biggest annual tournament who was caught cheating with an autoreclaim mod in the same event last year.

@Sir-Prize said in MapBan System - Map List:

Nice to have the tool I guess, but I don't think doing map bans by PM was even a minor legitimacy problem given it's how they do it in online SC2 tournaments.

this was not to make the torunament look more ligitimate. the aim of this system was to reduce the work load of the TD having to go back and forth with Pm's here. with this system the TD only need to send a Link to each player they go throgh the Veto and selection and both player can see who bans what and picks what.

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/706/new-map-veto-system-for-tournaments-help-needed this is the first post i made about the system and should explain it a bit better

You're literally quoting me saying the tool is nice to have, I'm clearly not debating that. The dude above me posted about how this somehow makes FAF tournaments legit, I'm obviously replying to him. FYI SC2 tournaments do map bans without the tournament referee involved and it takes like 30 seconds.

“It’s nice to have I guess”

Your contributions in this thread are also nice I guess.

Pot/kettle/black. I was at least trying to make a legitimate point in good faith by responding to a post that referred to making tournaments legit. The main issue I raised has been bugging me so I just hit post, in hindsight this isn't the thread to talk about LotS/tournament legitimacy.

Genuine apologies to @Rowey though, sorry for derailing.

@Sir-Prize I'm not saying tourneys "need" something like this. But better overall layout and better viewer experience make it look like someone actually thought about these things -> looks more legit. We don't have to copy sc2 in every way.
Do map bans even play a significant role there?

Please add feathers island to the list.

@LittleBoyBennis said in MapBan System - Map List:

Please add feathers island to the list.

Please read the post and you will have your answer