Why do people play Dual Gap so much?

Just wondering why people play the Dual Gap map so much in FAF. I've dabbled in it, and it's ok for a little while, but gets old quick. I don't understand how people can play it constantly, night after night. Don't the majority crave a more versatile experience?

@thomashiatt thanks lol. i tried searching but didn't see anything.

Be the change you want to see, host other maps and promote variety

I imagine the reason most people play is that it's comfortable. People don't like their plans disrupted, and having to adjust on the fly. DG has very little you can do in the way of raiding or bombing to stop people from getting their builds up. Even if you aren't doing well there is 5+ other people on the team and territorial gains/losses in mid often don't amount to much.

Other maps have much more excitement and fun but there is also the potential to get stomped quickly if you make a mistake. And games there often don't go up to the big T4/Arty fights that people like. A match doesn't have to have T4, T3, or even T2 to be exciting and have a lot of depth. However, there is just something fun about slowly growing your economy until you can build a nuke or arty, even if no one could have even tried to stop you from getting it.

I believe it's because you have an allocated role on the slot you fall in on the map. Eco does Eco, land positions focus on land and Air and navy same. The map is well balanced and great for team play 6v6.

@heavenly

That’s not unique to Dual Gap, nor does it mean the map is well balanced

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Cos it's comfortable like an old shoe I guess, not very dynamic game play and no annoying (exciting) raiding. Never played it myself though so I'm projecting