Game disconnects

Hi folks,
it appears I have been the reason for a couple of failed matches recently… from a network perspective.

I am running it on relatively new mashine (7 months) with modern specs connected via 1 Gbit fibre-channel to the internet.
Permanent ping to 8.8.8.8 ranges from 3-6 ms. Zero drops or outliers.

What I have done to narrow down the issue:

ping from a rented internethost to my client (where I play FAF) during the game. Result: perfect
ping from my client (where I play FAF) to said internethost. Result: perfect.
Gone insane and disabled Firewall and AV during a match.
Had someone on my network play CS and observe the ping while I played a FAF match: Wife got killed a 100 times but had perfect ping during my match where I lost connection to all players.

Could someone point me to an other step to narrow down the issue? Maybe a certain logfile?

FAF is unfortunately the only Game that experiences issues on my rig 😕

@beebob In the FAF client, go to the top left menu > Settings:

1. General > Write ICE Log File > check,
  2. Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > check > click "Get the latest version of the debugger",
  3. Forged Alliance Forever > Allow the ICE adapter to use IPv6 > unchecked,

Next, quit the client (check Task Manager). Once it's completely closed, open the client again & play.

The next time you join a game & have connection issues, please click the Reply button at the bottom between the 👁 (View) icon & the "Mark unread" button. Next, go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified, then drag/drop these files into the Reply message window so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at:

1. client.log file (the Text Document file without the date),
  2. ice-adapter.log & advanced-ice-adapter.log (both in a separate folder)

Apparently sound config can cause issues. Needs to be stereo only, so turn off any sound enhancements, e.g. spatial sound in your operating system audio config

@ginandtonicbot Sound has nothing to do with the issue beebob is having.

Hey, i found my issue to be my local DNS settings. I run a pi-hole installation that is connected to 9.9.9.9

I can understand that some players hostnames or parts of it (domain) end up on blocklists, but when turning off the filtering in pi-hole it does not resolve the issue. i have to totally bypass Pihole entirely. clients DNS 9.9.9.9 .

Just to be sure my pihole installation is not messed up, i installed a new one with default settings. Same issue.

So, no issue with FAF-Client, PC-Client, FAF Server or other FAF Players. just the Pi-Hole in the middle.

I know this is a common issue, but I also doubt all the affected people use Pi-Hole or similar products in between their host and DNS Server.

However, this made me think that people with this issue reocurring, also could try changing their DNS Server as a step of troubleshooting. Especially those default DNS Servers from ISP's are not very....reliable.

Just a thought.