Aeon hard nurfed

I think the balance team really have it out for aeon at the minute.

• Czar nurfed / energy cost

• double gun nurfed / split upgrade

• chrono nurfed / less effective

• mercy nurfed /not really used anymore

• GC nurfed / claws less effective

• snipers nurfed / less range - this one i like tbf

and probably some other stuff too, as i dont really play aeon because from my view they have no good points anymore, the t1 is a nightmare to micro and gets one shot by a gun com and t1 bombers the t2 is average, and harbs just get wrecked by percy and bricks

some of the nurfs were called for but it feels like they just are not strong at anything anymore.

aeon players struggling to comprehend that an rts isn't about choosing which color of "i win" button to press on their screen today

1. First one was for all t4 air not specifically Czar

2, 3)Aeon com was insane

4)Agree, Mercies are worthless now, but scout spamming before the mercies was too strong

5)Bugged GC claws were made faster and more effective via an animation fix but then were too strong because they could eat 2 Percies a second

6)Deserved nerf

And after all these nerfs Aeon is still a strong faction, especially their frigates getting buffed with the best destroyer + the best spammable mobile shield and hover flak makes their navy strong

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

My point is that Aeon have had most of the unique stats about them removed or reduced and nothing buffed or replaced.

Other than T2 hover spam

I would like to play all factions but as it stands I dont see anything unique or attractive to make me choose Aeon over the other factions these days. They are a bit meh

Noooo they made unique aeon faction trait of having the most insane obese tools on each tech level less pronounced, how could they do thaaaaat noooooooo

Skill issue

@tomma my skill or opponents skill seeing as I dont play Aeon lol

"Skill issue" is his forum signature, lol

Czar nerf: I honestly didn't notice.
Commander double gun: It was lame at first, but long term I agree with it. Being able to fart out the first step of the upgrade very quickly helps a lot in the beginning.

Chrono nerf: I don't like the range being tied to your main gun range, but at least you get a 3k health boost. Not what I want but I can work with it.

Mercy nerf: Yeah, they have to hit the drawing board with that one again. Keep trying guys, every version gives insight.

GC nerfed: GC is still a terror on the field, I haven't noticed a huge impact on effectiveness.

Sniper nerf: I don't like it either, but I understand it. I just use less of them and more T3 mobile artillery and Harbingers.

For the other notes, T1 is a nightmare yes, their T1 bombers are alright, their T2 land is great, T2 air is weird and T2 water is awesome, Harbingers do not square up against bricks and percivals well and you should be handling that differently. Harbingers do well against Titans, Loyalists and Othuums to an extent, this is also where snipers come in to soften targets.

I understand, I'm not saying you're wrong.

"T2 air is weird"
Mercys aside, can you elaborate? Swifties are just fast and their gunships don't need need special treatment / weakness. I don't want a balance discussion, I jsut wanna know why Aeon T2 air seems weird

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

All air t4's get nerfed by e cost increase > dude i cant believed they nerfed AEON again

The T2 air being weird has mostly to do with the Mercy itself and what their T2 air roster is capable of. I'm not saying that Aeon T2 air is bad, just that you have to think about how to use them a bit differently. I keep re-writing this to keep it short and I'm failing. The fact that Aoen have a dedicated T2 fighter that accels at its role and a dedicated air to ground weapon that is 1-time use instead of a combo unit is very much different.

The Spectre also being very bursty in terms of damage with a minor splash is almost like a gunship bomber, its cannon has more in commmon with a Notha bomb, as opposed to a Stingers sustained fire, or a Vulthoos cannons.

The torp bomber is awesome, depth charges are awesome, absolutely perfect.

The air transport says it has an AA gun, I'm pretty sure its an illusion, but no one cares what they do other than move dudes so it's good.

Gotcha;
And ye, since the Aeon Gunships are so brutally strong, the mercy just feels weak in comparison so I'd say that's a main reason for it. Remove / Nerf the Gunship and the mercy suddenly becomes more viable.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?