Connection issues that seem to have nothing to do with quality of network

Some analysis and some guides would be the best checkout from this.

There are too many people who dont realise: its not just the other player... its them too ; or who are too ignorant to accept that.

Afterall most dont know how to fix it and are alienated by the concept. That is often the technological customer's world in a nut shell ( and probably why they are so hard to please)

Im in the usa and running download 500+ mbps and a upload of 50ish mbps but im tired of being called out for "lagging all time but when u look at the connectivity issues and ppl the drop out of games its not me how can i fix this or is it just the game? i just cant play it anymore because of this

Are you on wifi? When my computer was linked by wifi, I lagged in team games (but not really in 1v1s). When I was connected with ethernet cable, that stopped.

I don't know why. I can't explain it. It doesn't really make sense to me, because either way I'm connecting to the same router. But I'm not the only person who experienced lag with wifi but not with ethernet.

@arma473 I can think of quite a few reasons than the low ping associated with a wired connection would make a massive difference compared to wifi (ie. in addition to bandwidth priority).
I think using a wired connection is probably a smart first step if many games feature connection problems.
(From what I've read, it seems like a significant part of the problem of FaF networking is how quickly 'player XXXX has dropped' can convince players that they are not the problem.)

I don't personally ever (<1% of games) see disconnects, but I understand that many players do, and I think ensuring the best connection possible (ie. wired connection) is a great first step.

In anyone wants to know what else I do, they're welcome to PM me (although my post in this thread probably gives 90% of the answers I could give in PMs)

its about stability not sheer net speed or bandwith. but atm the con seems to have genreal issues, connections between players fail and its neither ones fault, just seach the forum for different threads about this topic. but as far as i know you can play lagfree with a 300 ms ping as long you dont have packet loss. its this way because the game checks every tick every players actions, its not like in fps games where the game just assume that when you have packet loss that you might be just keeping on pressing the w key. being on cable solves many con problems becaus you garantuee a stable connection in your houshold at least.

@conny_action It's probably important for everyone to understand that packet loss is so much more common on wifi connections!

This makes me wonder whether maybe some of the connectivity issues being talked about are a less of a 'FaF developer fault' than they are made out to be?
www.routerlogin.net

pikashow apk

I have to admit, I occasionally have a game not even start properly... (The forged alliance executable never properly 'starts', not even showing the animated 'loading' screen. )
If I quit these games, I get a lost match, which is annoying considering that even some matches I WIN get an 'unrated' result. But still, this is the only time I feel that 'client' problems are grossly at fault for me.

FAF lag ain't like picking on the slowest kid in gym class. It's more like everyone tripping on invisible wires 'cause the party room's wired weird. One bad phone line might slow things down, but blaming one dude's net for everything is like yelling at the janitor when the sprinklers go off. Chill, FAF fam. Lag's a team effort, not a solo act. Let's untangle the wires together, not point fingers.
Pikashow apk

It'd be good if there was a button in the lobby that could do a mini load test and try to see in advance if there was going to be lag. no idea if this is feasible or not.

@ginandtonicbot I think it shows in lobby if someone has a ping >500 ms 🤔 . There's no check for packet loss though I believe, which could be useful.