New to FAF; AI not doing anything

@mrmeowster Welcome to FAF!

Sorry to see you're having issues. Can you please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. From there, click the Reply button at the bottom of this page between the 👁 (Views) & the Mark unread button, then click on Upload file. Next, select the most recent game_21xxxxxx.log file (should be of the game that just froze/crashed) to post into here so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at.

Could possibly be a map without AI support? Try to see if the issue is solved by playing a map with known AI support, such as Project Tabula.

Alternatively, you could try some of the new AI mods, such as M28AI. You may download this mod from the 'Mods' tab in the launcher.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

I have the exact same problem as the original poster. I've uploaded my log file. Basically with both regular AIx and also with Uveso AIx, the commander just stands there and does literally nothing. Thoughts?

@mondena Do you play with nomads?
If so try without nomads as they are currently broken.
If nobody fixed it (which I don't think Jip did) then the AI won't work when nomads are enabled.
M28/27 or some other AI mods may work though.

Correct nomads seem to be enabled looking at the log

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Thanks guys, turning off nomads fixed it. However, nomads are great, will that likely get fixed at some point?

@mondena The nomad devs aren't really around anymore, so only Jip is occasionally fixing some things. So I wouldn't bet on nomads being playable most of the time.

@mondena M28AI should be compatible with nomads if you still wanted to play vs AI with nomads

Thanks, i installed M28ai and that worked!