Urgent Assistance Needed for Map Upload!

I tried uploading a map yesterday and again today, but encountered an error that states: "The zip file is potential zip bomb." I created the map using the FAF Map Editor, and it's a simple 80km flat map designed for 8 players. Aside from that, the map is quite empty. Does anyone know why I'm getting this error during upload? I urgently need help.

Your map basically contains nothing. That's why it can be compressed so good, that it looks like a zip bomb.
A zip bomb is a compressed file that is very small, but contains a huge internal file (e.g. a 1kb block repeated 10billion times), so it could fill up our disks. That's why we reject such files before it happens.

Put some more stuff into your map, like a texture or something and it should work.

Also I'd like to call for common sense. Your case is not urgent. The server crashing is urgent. The login being broken is urgent. A failed map upload is never urgent.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@brutus5000 Flat_One_Mass_80km_8_Players_scenario_preview.jpg

Thank you for your response; I understand what you mean. I've edited the map, adding trees to the center, mountains, water, and multiple textures, but I'm still encountering the same issue. Here's an image for reference. What can I do next?

Go here: https://onlinefiletools.com/generate-random-text-file

For "File Size" enter "1m", then Save As.. -> Download -> Put it in your map files

@katharsas

The "scmap" file is 225,566 KB in size, the "save.lua" file is 34 KB, and the "scenario.lua" file is 1 KB. I've tried the insertion method, always placing it below the existing file, but FAF keeps throwing errors stating something is wrong with the code, or I get the same "Zip Bomb" error again. I urgently need help.

Is there a zip file inside the zip file you're trying to upload?

Sometimes the map editor will save backups inside the of the map folder itself, so you'll need to remove those backup files from the map folder before zipping it for upload.

@mostlostnoob

What do you mean? Aren't we supposed to upload the folder directly rather than a zip file? At least, I can't select a zip file when uploading. The map folder only contains the three files I mentioned.

@xxsunrainxx My apologies. I forgot that the upload process only wants uncompressed map folders.

In any case, you seem to be missing a script.lua file which every map needs. If the editor didn't create one for you, then you may need to grab one form another map & edit it as needed. If you haven't already done so, I highly suggest that you join the FAF Discord, then go to Channels & Roles > Customize > Are you interested in resources for creating maps and mods? > click on Maps. This will open the #mapping-general channel for you where you can search for post about the missing script.lua file & get any other help you need.

@xxsunrainxx said in Urgent Assistance Needed for Map Upload!:

I urgently need help.

No you don't. This is not urgent