Where is ma boi sheeo

@darkym said in Where is ma boi sheeo:

moonbearonmeth

F in chat

@darkym said in Where is ma boi sheeo:

currently it feels like some shadow government at best and at worst a potential parasite. Could be just because not a lot goes on, so there isn't a lot to share; but regardless there's a disconnect between people running the show and the game itself, which doesn't allow for a healthy feedback loop to exist.

I've posted all of my councilor related dealings in public and said public hardly ever gives a response, so I don't see how you feel this way? Not sure what you're asking for here.

Each Councilor runs their own little "corner" of FAF, and I don't need to discuss my dealings with other councilors unless there is a problem that involves them. Wouldn't you be mad if I got more input into balance or game matters because of my role?

Hi, I am one of the main developers of the division system. I get your point that there is little info about it. However there is also not that much to talk about. When we needed help from other people I posted about it (the division icons). At the moment there are no roadblocks or additional helpers needed, the development just takes time.

Part of the reason that I didn't write much about how the system works is that we want to test it a bit in the background and see if it even works as expected. If we then changed the system in some way the info in a big announcement would not be accurate anymore and people would be confused or angry because the delivered product is different than what they expected.
Another reason is that in my first forum thread I got a lot of ideas from other people how to do the system differently, but they were not very thought out, not feasible, or based on false assumptions about the player base.
So it produced a lot of text but I gained nothing from it. Worst case I antagonize people for not answering their ideas and we have that whole "faf dictatorship" again.
Lastly, I also just forgot that I could maybe post a status update about the development process once in a while. So thanks for the suggestion, I will consider it.

@FtXCommando I'm not sure what duties you are exactly referring to, since I was just mentioning ways Sheeo could have a better community presence. I for one am interested in some of the legal concerns of FAF and I know many others are as well based on the thread aiming to register FAF in Germany or something from last year. Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea what the frik is going on in terms of financials, despite being curious and despite believing its something important, so I disagree with:

I mean if you want what’s “going on” I think everything critical is generally covered already

after all its common practice to share some financial information with the public, and even more so to have audits; I think these are both things that could and should be considered. Again, I'm not accusing or even suspicious of the council... I just think blank checks aren't ideal.

@biass thanks for the response, this post wasn't aimed at "the councilors" but specifically at Sheeo, regardless I do appreciate your updates and I think I'm not alone. If anything, I think you (and FTX) are some of the best councilors in many ways, what with organizing tournies and being at the forefront of many community events.

@Sheeo I had another idea, there could be a "meet your councilors" page, and just a short description of who your are/what you do + some photo you like would be a low effort but great way to boost presence already.

due diligence...

now that the questions has been asked, is our affairs' in order?

Yeah of course due diligence is needed because all those council members are raking it in with faf...

@Scoot I'd like to keep this thread mostly just about Sheeo's presence as head of our community. 🙂 Though, I do agree a discussion about finance's might be a bit over due as well... feel free to make your own thread. Or maybe someone on the council could take the initiative.

@Reckless_Charger lol, you really hold up to your name, eh? 😉

@Reckless_Charger said in Where is ma boi sheeo:

all those council members are raking it in with faf

alt text

@biass said in Where is ma boi sheeo:

@Reckless_Charger said in Where is ma boi sheeo:

all those council members are raking it in with faf

alt text

Yeah, aren't you?

Yes, paid with insults and ignorance from community members.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

In case anyone was in any doubt my comment was irony....

Something something making money off someone elses IP would be the fast road to getting sued something something.

@Brutus5000 said in Where is ma boi sheeo:

Yes, paid with insults and ignorance from community members.

Welcome to my world,to my prison

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Brnk and I are the only ones being paid for faf!! As opposed to ftx we got many fans

Hurrrrr