Why is it OK for Cybran to have the only stealth air?

I don't understand why this is an acceptable state of balance. Somebody explain it to me. The way I see it, it's virtually impossible to beat a cybran air player because you can never get a good engage on their ASF blob. The cybran will always know where yours is and you will never know where theirs is. And the initial engage almost always decides the outcome, so barring some huge disadvantage in numbers, the cybran is the one who decides if they win or lose. There's no other unit type in the game where stealth has such a huge impact.

I think it's probably because other factions can put flak antiair under shields and wreck tens or hundreds of air units.

Virtually impossible? No. To play around Cybran air you just need to actually do the good practices of air play that aren't enforced against other factions. Mainly, spy plane screening your ASF blob as you work to be aggressive on air. If you think fighting Cyb air is impossible then you just play lazily in air itself.

Just play the artillery game with them. Their shields are crap

@ftxcommando said in Why is it OK for Cybran to have the only stealth air?:

Virtually impossible? No. To play around Cybran air you just need to actually do the good practices of air play that aren't enforced against other factions. Mainly, spy plane screening your ASF blob as you work to be aggressive on air. If you think fighting Cyb air is impossible then you just play lazily in air itself.

So you think it's totally fair and balanced that one faction forces all others to be massively better at the air game than they are to win?

Sounds like 800 rated Aeon players having a crybaby moment because they need to make scouts in their land mix.

“massively better” isn’t making 5 spy planes and patrolling them in front of your asfs, it’s just having the energy in ur brain to not infinite queue asf from all your facs.

Yeah because having to micro more because you picked a high micro faction is exactly the same as having to micro more because your opponent picked Cybran. Totally. Never mind that they also get the best fighterbomber and the only T1 gunship. It's clear you don't remember what it's like to not be a pro at the game if you think microing scouts in front of your ASF while also microing your ASF is not quite a skill requirement increase.

just my opinion as a casual 1300 in coustom who is underperfoming in air all the time 🐷

stealth on asf is indeed a nice gimmick but in the end it boils down to who got more asf and makes better micro i think. Also regulary scouting is mandatory all the time. but i understand your feelings about this.

in the beginning i always thought, why i should pick anything else than cybran? hives, stealth, telemazer, corsair, mantis, etc..., remembers me of those noob gaps where everybody picks cybran. but honestly after 2 k matches i had my "omg this is op" phase with every faction and still got the feeling i really dont know that much about how to exploit which faction strength when and where. and this is why im happy that pro players with years of xp and multiple k of matches making the balance.

@redx said in Why is it OK for Cybran to have the only stealth air?:

Yeah because having to micro more because you picked a high micro faction is exactly the same as having to micro more because your opponent picked Cybran.

Yeah it’s about the same to me. Playing around the strengths of yourself or the opponent whether the player or the faction is just part of the game. You also seem to have skipped over the fact I said you SHOULD be doing this against every faction, Cybran ASFs just make it obvious why your inherently risky gameplay is bad and could be made better with minimal effort.

Totally. Never mind that they also get the best fighterbomber

notha is better generally I’d say

and the only T1 gunship.

niche tool to deal with raids these days

It's clear you don't remember what it's like to not be a pro at the game if you think microing scouts in front of your ASF while also microing your ASF is not quite a skill requirement increase.

ASF micro is send them into the enemy and press stop, I’d say using a scout screen makes the average micro duress about equal to what old ASF micro was. Any argument about positioning ASF properly prior to the fight as micro doesn’t make sense because you should be using the spy planes to do that in the first place.

Dunno, to me this falls under cool faction diversity that should be extended to other factions, which is why UEF ended up getting jamming on everything that isn’t an ASF. If the game code could handle it, they likely would have jamming on ASF too but tripling the signatures of what is probably the most spammed weaponized unit in the game isn’t good for performance.

Trying to remove it or nerf Cybran because they got it is just bad normalization. Counterintel and intel should be its own, separate battlefield across all 4 factions.

Yeah it’s about the same to me. Playing around the strengths of yourself or the opponent whether the player or the faction is just part of the game. You also seem to have skipped over the fact I said you SHOULD be doing this against every faction, Cybran ASFs just make it obvious why your inherently risky gameplay is bad and could be made better with minimal effort.

Why do you need spy planes when you have omni and nobody else has any form of intel or counterintel on their asf?

ASF micro is send them into the enemy and press stop, I’d say using a scout screen makes the average micro duress about equal to what old ASF micro was. Any argument about positioning ASF properly prior to the fight as micro doesn’t make sense because you should be using the spy planes to do that in the first place.

Wait, did ASF micro change? Do we not turn circles anymore?

Haven't turned in circles for like, 3 years.

Omni is min 20 or so in teamgames, meaning there is like 10 minutes of t3 air gameplay without it and those 10 minutes are likely the actual critical aggressive moves, and on larger maps it won't cover like a third of the map.

Got an up to date guide on current air micro? Or even the patchnotes that changed it? I had absolutely no idea anything changed lol... I've been out of the game for a while.

No real guide on it far as I know, you just move your cloud into the enemy cloud and hit stop so the ASF micro themselves. When the clouds are quite big often you need to stop micro select segments as they move into the fight so that they don't go idle due to having nothing in range to fight.

Haven't turned in circles for like, 3 years.

Omni is min 20 or so in teamgames, meaning there is like 10 minutes of t3 air gameplay without it and those 10 minutes are likely the actual critical aggressive moves, and on larger maps it won't cover like a third of the map.

WHAT?! Is there a video of the new meta? I swear to god people last week were still circiling ints and asfs

They shouldn’t be, basically everyone will lose doing circle micro against stop micro. I’d just watch any 2k rated airfight to see it happen, both air clouds will collide, players hit stop, and the ASFs will target air units individually until a winner happens. However unlike manually targeting ASF, they will shoot at any ASF within range rather than a specific one they were told to target.

I still circle my asf, only use stop micro for large airfights. Pretty sure thats the general rule, and if not, i 1v3'd your air so get crushed noob

cybran = stealth
uef = big hp (now dont work by balance patch "one hp mex")
aeon = para, hover units, navy.
sera = com, ahwassa, no ras.

I'm still not sure I understand why stop micro is better, tbh. What changed to make stop micro better?

Can't turn nearly as tight in circles anymore. Most of the time your ASF are just going to be gliding at an arc and therefore not shooting since they aren't facing anything in front of them.