Sound too low, but ONLY in a game

This is always an indication that surround sound processing is taking place - if you find your game log, it will likely be heavily polluted with XACT and SND error messages indicating this. SCFA cannot deal with surround sound in ANY capacity. The OS, and the FAF lobby don't have an issue with that. You must set the audio to 'stereo' - and, in many cases, uninstall the software surround headsets install.

I do not have surround sound enabled!! In addition, there is NO setting called Stereo in my headphone settings. I have it set to 2 Channel, 16 bit, 44,100 Hz (CD quality).

As a final note, sound is perfect if I run a replay!! It happens ONLY in a live game.

Also, sound becomes very low as soon as I post the game in the game lobby, before the game starts.

Did you by any change reduce the master sound, in-game at any point? Replays use a separate preference file, and therefore have that set to 100. When you join a game, the 'real' preference file is used and the master sound volume may be different there.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

checked windows master sound and it is at 100%.

All sound works fine EXCEPT in game or game lobby after setting up a game in the lobby

@popsniper Jip means the in game sound settings, but I was also curious about the windows settings so it’s good you checked that. In game settings might be messed up in the audio tab.

I checked the in-game settings also, and all settings are set to max volume. I even checked the Windows mixer and all are set to max volume. Finally, I tried to play one of the multiplayer campaign scenarios and very low sound there also...couldn't even hear the cut scene sound.

@popsniper said in Sound too low, but ONLY in a game:

I reset the headsets to surround sound

Have you examined the log file yet ?

how do I find the log files??

Please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. From there, the most recent game log file will be the closest to the top of the list.

dude, 5.1 and 7.1 are surround

just select stereo at 44.1 k and 16 bit