Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread

@snagglefox said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

I'm a little confused on the reclaim changes. Is there an explanation as to why it was done?

Seconding this. The fact that reclaim ratios are universal for all units is pretty intuitive and fundamental to the game balance. Making higher tier units give less reclaim seems unwarranted.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@snagglefox the beta parthenotes is more to let you know what changes are currently live a more in-depth explanation for each change will come along with the official release of the patchnotes. but i will ask for a simplified version of why this is being changed for the beta notes

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

I'm a little confused on the reclaim changes. Is there an explanation as to why it was done?

essentially promotes aggression as before attacks were way too punishing late game

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

@kazuya said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

essentially promotes aggression as before attacks were way too punishing late game

it doesn't make a lot of sense at the current stage though because T3 land rush meta is way too oppressive and with the reclaim-change it just becomes even stronger, being the direct opposite of what the Balanceteam wants

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@sladow-noob said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

it doesn't make a lot of sense at the current stage though because T3 land rush meta is way too oppressive and with the reclaim-change it just becomes even stronger, being the direct opposite of what the Balanceteam wants

probably will see when oc nerf is put in, then t2 is kinda worth it.

AI Developer for FAF

FAF Developer

@kazuya its in jsut pushed it to beta

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@sladow-noob said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

probably will see when oc nerf is put in, then t2 is kinda worth it.

[Ima move the discussion / my thoughts to the Discord channel aka gonna reply there]

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

The torp launcher change seems like they will never be built after the change.

82f20588-1ea4-447f-8cf3-c7f35cf8bf43-image.png

Maybe not a good idea to have the reclaim nerf in sea combined with the tech reclaim adjustment.

I'm not a fan of the reclaim nerf either, seems when you get knocked out, your out as you won't be able to build back up fast due to a lot less reclaim in your base

I have tested yesterday in game lobby and the pending patch, and the barracudas(tech 2 cybran subs) now need 4 torpedo bombers to kill it, which is op in my opinion, assuming that it has stealth. Not considering that u need a scout to torp it but just cost ot the torps and subs. 4 torps 4 * 270 = 1080 mass and 4* 32000 energy. barracuda 1100 mass and 8800 energy. This is a really huge difference. Pls fix the hp of the barracudas accordingly in order to make 3 torps killing it, it fill be fine then. It is 2 torps before pending patch.

All the other subs were buffed so that u need 1 torp extra, whereas in case of t2 cybran subs u need 2 torps extra, which is a lot.

I am also not a fan of the reclaim changes, especially for navy. The czar height change is also too much because the czar relies on the asf being underneath the thing so that it can be groundfired to kill them. Changing the height difference from 5 to 2 massively decreases the value in making czars which is a change I don't like at all. Also, the last balance change introduced a large nerf to the aeon destroyer so why is its frig getting nerfed now? Also simultaneously buffing cruisers and nerfing torps seems like massive overkill to me given that you generally have to win air for torps to be useful in the first place. On a separate note air is already super weak past 30 minutes on pure land maps because of how strong sams are. Typically the only time you see air grids larger than 15 factories are on maps with water because air is actually good against navy. I do like removing the stealth from harms not sure if it needs an hp nerf on top of that. The atlantis buff is definitely a good change in my opinion.Cybran navy definitely needed a buff considering its destroyer is garbage and the nerf to frigs was to strong. the change to mercies will be welcomed by anyone with a brain although I have not actually seen them in use yet.

Just some feedback on the transport changes...
The elevation changes and concurrent stats to improve load time and drop off - all of that is awesome.

But, now they feel way too... lightweight.
They're far more agile; Practically on par with inties, now.
Was that the intention?

Also, the T2 transport feels too fast...
Would it not make more sense to be a middle ground in speed as compared to the T1 and T3 transports?

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

thank god maybe ill play 1v1 again

@waffelznoob Huh?

Also when is tml going to cost 4x as much as it currently does because it is one of the top 5 most broken units in the game. I find it to be an absolute absurdity that 1 mex kill is enough to make it pay for itself especially if your aeon you have to make 2500 mass in tmd to protect everything while tml only cost 800 mass. with tmd costing as much as it does the current balance regarding tml could seriously use some work.

@thewreck said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

I am also not a fan of the reclaim changes, especially for navy. The czar height change is also too much because the czar relies on the asf being underneath the thing so that it can be groundfired to kill them. Changing the height difference from 5 to 2 massively decreases the value in making czars which is a change I don't like at all. Also, the last balance change introduced a large nerf to the aeon destroyer so why is its frig getting nerfed now? Also simultaneously buffing cruisers and nerfing torps seems like massive overkill to me given that you generally have to win air for torps to be useful in the first place. On a separate note air is already super weak past 30 minutes on pure land maps because of how strong sams are. Typically the only time you see air grids larger than 15 factories are on maps with water because air is actually good against navy. I do like removing the stealth from harms not sure if it needs an hp nerf on top of that. The atlantis buff is definitely a good change in my opinion.Cybran navy definitely needed a buff considering its destroyer is garbage and the nerf to frigs was to strong. the change to mercies will be welcomed by anyone with a brain although I have not actually seen them in use yet.

That is not the main job of the czar tho, that was just a "neat mechanic" of SCFA.
I can't speak on the aeon frigate, but i know it was the best frigate by far due to mass per dps or something like that. Aeon imo is still insanely strong navy wise but thats just me.

I can't think t2 subs are op, i've been playing a crap ton of beta balance and giving replays to Spikey and such. I think torps are actually perfect now they dont instant one pass everything unless its a huge number which is better gives cruisers a chance.

I actually had a chance to use mercies , they are freaking awesome now and i definitely will mix them in even when on t3 air i feel like they do a good job at slowly picking away armies.

I don't have an opinion on the air, because Air being op and then being insanely weak vs sams is too much of a swing.

AI Developer for FAF

FAF Developer

Main mechanic of czar? lol one of the strongest parts of the czar is its ability to beat asf. especially if you have large numbers of them and the height difference + the laser is a big part of that.

@thewreck said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

Main mechanic of czar? lol one of the strongest parts of the czar is its ability to beat asf. especially if you have large numbers of them

i guess but i mean at that point why was the AA long range added with AoE if you are trying to lure ASF into that since its the main weapon in your opinion? also the fast rechargable shield, the czar is designed for skirmishing look at the weapons and utility

AI Developer for FAF

FAF Developer

The long aa is a component of the czar's utility for sure but one of the main reasons to spam czars is so that if you get 5 of them you can beat large quantities of asf but without the laser, it simply isn't possible for large quantities of czars to beat 500 asf. I cant speak for everyone but spamming lots of czars is a lot of fun and I would be disappointed to see it no longer be viable.