Units with same icons - Tanks and bots mostly

Can be maybe get different icons for same faction units with the same icons? Like Hunter and Mantis, Blaze and Obsideon, that sort of thing. (No, I dont have a good for a better blaze icon yet.)

Bricks have different icon as heavy botss than loyalists, I suggest the same icon for mantis, since they are also heavy bots

Or just give mantis the "tank" icon and trust that players can figure it out. I would like that option. Let's not elevate purity over usefulness.

If we are going to have new icons for amphibious/hover tanks, perhaps instead of a "plus" inside, you just have 5 dots, laid out like a plus. Or make it a division sign (dots over and under a solid horizontal line). But then we have to ask if aurora should get this "light tank" icon (which would actually make sense, given that they float and they're literally called light tanks)

So on the 'purity' note there.

What is the functional difference between bots and tanks? Like, make a big ol venn diagram of everything, and ask, what real useful information is conveyed by the clipped diamond bot icon over the tank icon? I really like the icon scheme but legged walkers don't share any useful tactical group together, same with tanks. I would think an ideal icon system convey's at glance something meaninfgul, and the center icon does, direct fire, artillery, AA, that's good. But the outer shape diamond and clipped diamond just inform you if the unit has legs or 'other' Would it be better (and too annoying a change to make now) to have the diamond be fast attack units (and usually lower HP), like LABs, blaze, yenzyne, titan, and loyalist, and the 'tank' clipped diamond just mean heavy/slower unit, like t1 tanks, obsidian, ilshavoh, Brick and percy? Maybe a clipped navy semicircle for hover?

I think air has is good, with the delta, wide delta, and rhombus conveying information about how the unit moves.

Of course now I'm just remixing the available shapes in my head and trying to imagine what the unit would be. Get that wide delta with the sniper dash through it, or missile line. lol.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

And what does the + vs the × really mean? The bomber has the +, but shouldn't it be an × or a • like artillery? I demand ORDER from the intelligence department!

And when will be introduce chaplain bot?

<†>

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@KaletheQuick said in Units with same icons - Tanks and bots mostly:

So on the 'purity' note there.

What is the functional difference between bots and tanks? Like, make a big ol venn diagram of everything, and ask, what real useful information is conveyed by the clipped diamond bot icon over the tank icon? I really like the icon scheme but legged walkers don't share any useful tactical group together, same with tanks. I would think an ideal icon system convey's at glance something meaninfgul, and the center icon does, direct fire, artillery, AA, that's good. But the outer shape diamond and clipped diamond just inform you if the unit has legs or 'other' Would it be better (and too annoying a change to make now) to have the diamond be fast attack units (and usually lower HP), like LABs, blaze, yenzyne, titan, and loyalist, and the 'tank' clipped diamond just mean heavy/slower unit, like t1 tanks, obsidian, ilshavoh, Brick and percy? Maybe a clipped navy semicircle for hover?

I think air has is good, with the delta, wide delta, and rhombus conveying information about how the unit moves.

Of course now I'm just remixing the available shapes in my head and trying to imagine what the unit would be. Get that wide delta with the sniper dash through it, or missile line. lol.

Its the difference/indicates High DPS & Low HP units. Through for Mantis and LAB its also imagine or well my personal belief next level counter intel, counter intel.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project