Wars of Glory (WoG) Milestone 170

EDIT Mar 3rd: Interested in playing? Join the discord here!

EDIT Mar 1st: We've started casting some of our games! See this video

Fixed and updated for newest FAF version! Please let me know on the Discord or here if you find any bugs.

Version 170 release: After 170 updates, it's still not perfect, but it's very, very playable.

Wars of Glory is best described as an entirely new, SupCom-like, grand-strategy RTS which uses FAF units as its game pieces. Despite having the all (or most) of the same graphics as FAF, it has been described by some WoG players as a total conversion.

Features:

1. Epic, redesigned gameplay with a focus on more relaxed, RT4X-inspired gameplay pace.
  2. Completely new tiering system integrated into the ACU instead of upgrading factories. SCUs also have a role in tier progression.
  3. Novel "King/Queen" mechanic with ACU/SCU providing interdependent support. Only one SCU can exist at a time, and the gate is available at Tier 1. SCU's can also assist in bridging tiers.
  4. Redesigned base adjacency bonus system which put an emphasis on base planning and layout (indeed, this is the first 15min or so of the game).

Large numbers of regular games on Discord have really honed this mod's balance and design over the past 2 years. I'm really thankful for the people were willing to wade through the 14-page design document and actually give the mod a try!

Give it a shot! You can search my name (Vanifica) in the replay vault and see how it plays. (I lose a lot :D). The Discord link is in the mod description.

Special thanks to Zopto, who has put a tremendous amount of work into rebalancing unit packs to fit the core WoG design.

Screenshot from 2023-02-23 19-43-39.png Screenshot from 2023-02-23 19-37-23.png Screenshot from 2023-02-23 19-41-37.png

Wars of Glory: FAF reimagined. Now casting (somewhat) regularly!

Discord link in the Mod Vault description!

@Vania2001 ping me in like 6 Hours and I'll add this to the faf news

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

I like more realistic range, but not 50+ min games. Our modern world is too fast-paced.

@Rowey that would be great! Let me know what the process is.

Also...you @ the wrong person 😛

xD this was at like 3am so want 100% awake @Vanifica its currently on the news page in the client so feel free to let me know if you want the wording changes but what you see their is the max for the description

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

very nice

I would empathize in the first line of the first post, that it is a mod, which needs to be installed via the FAF client, and then selected as a SIM mod when creating a game. Bonus points for any images about those steps.

Someone who is not familiar with that process may get confused, and you miss potential players.

I just tested the mod, but it seems to not work with the latest patch? Tanks are invisible and t1 engs do not work. I had only WoG SIM mod active, or am I doing something wrong?

Mod author fixed everything.

@magge It seems the latest FAF update completely broke the mod. It worked fine on the last patch (the 24th)...

If you're curious to watch a replay from when the mod worked, here is one from yesterday, before the patch: https://replay.faforever.com/19334738

Yes, this mod is broken as of the 28th. I'm actively working to fix it.

Should be fixed. Please let me know if you find any issues. (v171)

Post deleted.