Mex ringing shortcut

Hello, I downloaded FAF recently and I saw that you could quickly ring a mex without storages.

What is the shortcut for that? Right now I'm using a template and it is a bit slow.

Assist a T2 or T3 mex with an engineer. This is toggleable in the settings

8281a287-caa4-44d4-a5b5-50bde5df033b-image.png

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in Mex ringing shortcut:

8281a287-caa4-44d4-a5b5-50bde5df033b-image.png

Can we have an option so that you have to hold Ctrl or Alt or some other button of choice?
Whenever you tell a handful of engies to go assist an upgrading mex and find another bunch of engies and want to give them to order to also assist that same upgrading mex, the game recognizes 2,3,4 assist commands on the mex and automatically assumes you want to ring it, that can get really annoying when t2 engies start t2 mass fabs while you have no storages building yet.

We could reset the count when you change selection, that sounds like a better solution.

@jip said in Mex ringing shortcut:

We could reset the count when you change selection, that sounds like a better solution.

Not sure what you mean by "change selection" but it is more the stacking of different engineer groups that causes it to auto queue the ringing.
Example:
Engineer group 1 (3 engies) is told to assist Mex A (1 assist)
Engineer group 2 (5 engies) is told to assist Mex A as well (2 assists)
Engineer group 3 (2 engies) is told to assist Mex A as well (3 assists)

The game assumes player has told the engineers to assist (1st assist order) & ring mexes (2nd and 3rd assist order).

Yes, so when you change selection it would reset the number of assists. This is 'counted' separately and wouldn't interfere with actual commands.