Do any devs want to fix/maintain Phantom-X?

Phantom-X has been a part of FAF for many years and has many fans, but development for it seems to have been forgotten about or something. I saw this thread and this other one and was wondering why those threads and such a large bug were seemingly ignored. Then, I checked the FAForever/faf-phantomx Github and realized that Phantom seems to lack an active maintainer. So, I figured I'd increase awareness of this and ask; is there anyone capable who wants to fix and maintain Phantom-X?

pfp credit to gieb

I'll throw in advanced Github permissions for future maintainers.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@penguin_ learn lua and be the change you want to see šŸ˜Ž

FAF Website Developer

@femboy I've already done a decent bit of lua for FAF šŸ˜Ž
I may eventually look into fixing Phantom-X, but I have other things on my plate these days. Hopefully someone will volunteer šŸ™‚

pfp credit to gieb

I won't commit to maintaining it, but if no-one volunteers in the near future I might have a brief look both to see if it's an easy fix, and if my AI is compatible with it. However my experience of Phantom is a grand total of watching 1 cast and part of 1 replay.

@maudlin27 it is likely related to this:

We completely re-implemented how the game state was computed to fix the infamous draw bug. In particular lua/sim/MatchState.lua

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Ill try to fix it tonight, if i cant figure it out ill give up and maudlin do it.

@jip it seems like phantom does its own thing for full share vs no share so maybe something in that is outdated. Ill look through it when i have a free period.

Just made a PR that should fix the issue. Just waiting on getting it merged/made a maintainer.

I, for one appreciate the effort, folx.

"Learn Lua and be the change" is something you've almost tempted this zero-experience old-guy to try, but now is not the time in my life where I have the time, so thank you to those of you that do. Best I can do at this point is try to isolate things we find in our games and bring them up to smarter people. šŸ˜„

@SpikeyNoob I can look at it tomorrow, can you share the link here?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I have uploaded phantom as a sim mod on the vault, the death issue is fixed in this version. Please let me know if anyone has issues. Also now u can play nomads and phantom!

Can't wait to try it. Thanks for your time folx!