How to setup/use two monitors with the game?

Yeah, don't use full screen, use windowed mode. There is supposedly a mod that removes the top bar of the window too.

If you have two identical resultion monitors, you can 'split' the view and just stretch the monitor across two screens.

I have used fullscreen dual monitor, with the actual set-up in the game for a while, but it's just not stable making you loose all epic long-lasting games because the stuff freezes. I now just use one 30" 2560x1600 monitor with the game in windowed mode.

The other monitors have my discord, FAF client, Outlook... anything really.

@serpentor You can follow this thread https://forum.faforever.com/topic/123/guide-fake-fullscreen-and-optimisation/66

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

Apparently I mis-read the Secondary Adapter video setting as Secondary Monitor. If I read @Sprouto correctly, that setting doesn't work in faf?

I had a tentative plan to try that again at some point in the future and record my (Linux/Proton) error messages to post here. But it sounds as if that would be pointless.

I believe it does work, when in the actual game - it's just not part of the FAF client.

@Sprouto thank you. By actual game, you mean the Steam (or GOG) version of SCFA?

The gameplay portion of FAF, it should work there as well - but the FAF client isn't built for it that I'm aware of. And yes - it works quite well in both the Steam and GOG versions - provided you observe the previously mentioned limitations - no alt-tab operations. Despite claims to the contrary, I've used it since the advent of the game, and it's been entirely stable.

Same here - it works and it is stable.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Oh, duh (headslap). FINALLY I grasp your meaning, which should have been clear on first read.

OK at some point I'll report my results. I know I'm asking a lot of Wine / Proton, but it would be a huge step forward to get that second monitor working.

@gramps Try my Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher in https://forum.faforever.com/topic/123/guide-fake-fullscreen-and-optimisation/66

you also need to install the mods
Common Mod Tools and ui-party

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

@thecore: Many thanks! Both for the mod and the fake-fullscreen guide link. I absolutely will try out the mod. First I'm trying to digest as much as I can from that other thread. (Sorry, I move really slow - I fear that means I'm not gonna get far in faf.)