2022 Legend of the Stars World Championship Group Stage

Welcome to the Group Stage for the 2022 Legend of the Stars World Championship Group Stage. This stage will be made up with 4 groups of 4 players each. Games will be played round robin style with each player in a group playing each other player in a BO3. The top 2 players in each group will advance to the playoffs.

The Group Stage will be broken up between 2 days to allow more games to be cast on FAFlive. Day 1 will take place on December 10th and feature Groups A and B and Day 2 will take place on December 11th and feature Groups C and D.

Date: December 10th and December 11th
Start Time: 15:00 UTC
Chat: /join #lotsgroups
Challonge: https://challonge.com/opa1ftvj
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/faflive
Day 1 Casters: Endranii and Farms
Day 2 Casters: Endranii and Willow's Duality
Tournament Directors: Swkoll, NoOneCares
Group A TD: Swkoll
Group B TD: Noc

Groups:
Groups

Groups were selected by a draft of the top 4 invited players picking from the remaining players in a snake draft. The pick order was:

Rowan
StormLantern
Tex
Shen - Arch
Espi
Blast_Chilled
ZLO - Harzer
Turin
Banani
Grimplex

The based on the qualifiers, the substitutes are:

1. WoundedElkNoob
  2. Asmodeus
  3. lkvxnw4q8hrtpnd
  4. SpikeyNoob

Maps:

tl;dr 3 alternating vetoes each, low seed vetoes first. High seed picks map 1. Low seed picks map 2. Players veto down for the last map.

There is a pool of 11 maps and maps will be selected using a veto and pick system. This means each player has 3 vetos, with the lower seed in the group vetoing first in an alternating pattern. (ie lower seed, upper seed, lower seed, upper seed). Next the higher seed will select the first map, the lower seed the second map, and if necessary players will resume vetoing maps until only 1 remains with the lower seed vetoing first. 6 of the maps are the same for each group and 5 maps are different for each group.

After a map is picked, both players will secretly send 2 factions, in order of preference, that they would like to play, and 1 faction they would like to veto to their group's Tournament Director.

For mapgen, both players can enter the lobby and view the map prior to sending in their vetoes. Each player now gets 1 reroll, but must use the rerolled map. Specific mapgen maps will be vetoable as if they were normal maps.

For tiebreaks and scoring, we will use the challonge system of tiebreaks. In the event that 2 positions are perfectly tied by those metrics, a BO1 will be played between the tied players with players vetoing down to 1 map, lower seed vetoing first.

To clarify map picking and faction veto:

Figure out which maps are in your group, they are the 6 "All" maps and the 5 maps specific to your group.
Lower seed (as shown by the position in the group) vetoes first map
Higher seed vetoes next map
Lower seed vetoes next map
Higher seed vetoes next map
Lower seed uses last veto
Higher seed uses last veto
Higher seed then picks the first map to play from the list of maps in the pool that have not been vetoed
Players send 2 factions that they would like to play and 1 veto to their group's TD
Lower seed picks the second map following the same rules
Players send 2 factions that they would like to play and 1 veto to their group's TD
In the event of a tie, players veto down any of the remaining maps until 1 remains with lower seed going first
The winner reports the results (including losses and tie games) to their group's tournament director in the #lotsgroupschannel

Map Pool:
alt text

Player Cards

With Thanks to:
Javi - Finalising Design
Fichom - Icons & Card Border
NOC - Images & Quotes
Swkoll - Micro, Macro, Chaos values

alt text

Ah damn, I'm gonna have to resign. I am not available on saterday. Was hoping I'd be in the sunday group. Sorry, but you can give my spot to someone else.

Me Me Me

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

@stormlantern Hi Storm, no worries we will replace with a substitute

Ras Boi's save lives.

im not playing so substitute my substitution please

profile picture credits to petric

StormLantern has been subbed out for Jagged, subs have been updated.

when will we see lots player cards?

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

@rottenbanana They should be done tomorrow evening.

@swkoll so sad, depressed.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

Player cards have been finished

Ras Boi's save lives.

show them to us!

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

Look up moron

Ras Boi's save lives.

💀

toxic tournament director

profile picture credits to petric

time to get him banned B)

*toxic tournament dictator!

The embodiment of depression...

Any chance we get the games replays IDs?

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

Well, I'm doing it myself and watching the group stage and writing a nice review.

Here's a preview of how it's going so far, I'm trying to mostly just explaing why the game got the rate that it got, and spoil as little as possible.

For most of the games that is what's happening, but sometimes I'm trying to tell a little more, and one day I wanna do a real review, I just don't have that much practice just yet.

Also, I wanted to make a preview for people to enjoy the game with not much spoilers, but then you would also have to hide game lenght, who won the series and if there actually was a game 3 or if any ended in a draw (and those are sometimes the best games of each series!). But that might just be way too much for to start with. So let's do one version properly first.

Here's how group A is shaping up:
alt text