Setons Wars Tournament

I vote to keep the slot restrictions, it adds more strategy and will nerf the captains. Nerfing the captains will allow the later picks to make more of a difference. It also prevents some 1200 from bo whoring one slot and crushing.

The highest ranked players are already gonna be playing only rock or air as they have the largest carrying capacity of the slots. The only exception to this would be if the rule didn't exist because it's easiest to transition experience from air in normal teamgames to air on sentons and it presents a tradeoff to put an 1800 or 1900 normal teamgame player there and instead put a better sentoner on one of the other slots.

Jup, the rule as it exists now ("No player can play 2 games in a row on the same slot.") will result in the captain and their first pick just trading air and rock back and forth, while the other two play beach and mid.

So if nerfing captains is the goal, this rule won't do much.

If you wanna nerf the captains specifically, enforcing the opposite, i.e. having them only play their choice of beach or mid, would be a lot more effective.

Alternatively just having everybody play whatever spot they like achieves the same balance wise, while also allowing some of the TMM players to compete much easier
(and probably resulting in more interesting gameplay, as you can go all in on the BO practice for a single slot, instead of getting a "good enough" BO for two)

Sidenote: Should we get enough players for two tournaments, both tournaments could be played on the same day. They won't interfere with each other, afterall.

Initially, I thought about making a rule so that the slot could not be repeated for 4 games.

Then I decided to soften this rule to 2.

As for holding 2 tournaments in one day. It would be possible to consider this option. But I will need helpers, because I won't be able to look after 2 tournaments at once. If we have enough people signed up, we'll choose the best option

Sorry for my English. I use translator

@pryanichek

I think changing the rule from 2 to 3 or 4 might yield more interesting results and strategic planning for which games to play which slot. So, I personally would prefer changing it to 3 or 4; I'm fine with 2 though.

pfp credit to gieb

LordSetons (Lil Lord vena) 1300+

Может сделать больше команд?

@karateka Пока об этом рано говорить. Если будет прям много народу турик разделят на 2 части по рейтингу. Сделать сетку из 9 команд не получится

@pryanichek said in Setons Wars Tournament:

@karateka Пока об этом рано говорить. Если будет прям много народу турик разделят на 2 части по рейтингу. Сделать сетку из 9 команд не получится

Я понял. Спасибо!

DEVOTION IN! 1200

I am out

Well Sign me up pls Unknow 1880

измени, у меня рейт 1300

@karateka неужели?)

Точные рейтинги будут проверны перед драфотом

I vote to keep the slot restrictions. For more interest (difference) games.

I think the most interesting thing about slot would be total random so we could see some more interestings games and not only eco games

Unfortunately full random is bound to make for no games so I'm not so sure about it being good idea. The risk of 5 minute games is just too high.