What's wrong with the reporting system?(Error)

Report 1.png
Report2.png

I tried to submit a report, but an error occurred.

Not sure what changed, but definitely a new bug. I raised a ticket, but it will take a few days at least until it will be fixed.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Ty a lot. I will wait.

22 days later šŸ˜ƒ

Remember this is a volunteer based project thing can take time and is in people free time . The issue will get fixed at some point you have to have some patience

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

The last reports I did weeks ago are still 'awaiting'. I am not sure, if the whole report system is broke or FaF has not enough moderators solving those tickets, but it feels odd that it takes so long until something happens and ultimately more like I have wasted my time to create those tickets.

Even when the offenders get suddenly a warning from a moderator or even an out time for one week (which will totally not happen). How weird must it felt for them when the "punishment" is months later?

At this time it is just open season for racism, insults and other bad behavior. The last bunch of offenders I did not even report anymore, it's wasted time.

I can totally understand things can take quite some time, because it is a volunteer based project - Everyone has my biggest respect working on FaF - We have the tools like blacklisting, but for members it can be very confusing and frustrating when those other report-tools have zero impact. Especially, because those are super important to create a friendlier community.

@zokora said in What's wrong with the reporting system?(Error):

The last reports I did weeks ago are still 'awaiting'. I am not sure, if the whole report system is broke or FaF has not enough moderators solving those tickets, but it feels odd that it takes so long until something happens and ultimately more like I have wasted my time to create those tickets.

There is no report with the status awaiting from your account unless your forum username somehow doesn't match your FAF username. The only report I am able to find that matches your account is one from 2019 that was discarded due to having the incorrect game ID (with a request to provide the correct ID).

Clearly something is wrong here. Can you pm me a screenshot of your open reports to verify?

I couldn't reproduce the error, so I had to guess mostly. But it should be fixed in the next client release.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@zokora said in What's wrong with the reporting system?(Error):

Even when the offenders get suddenly a warning from a moderator or even an out time for one week (which will totally not happen). How weird must it felt for them when the "punishment" is months later?

At this time it is just open season for racism, insults and other bad behavior. The last bunch of offenders I did not even report anymore, it's wasted time.

I can totally understand things can take quite some time, because it is a volunteer based project - Everyone has my biggest respect working on FaF - We have the tools like blacklisting, but for members it can be very confusing and frustrating when those other report-tools have zero impact. Especially, because those are super important to create a friendlier community.

The last report is from today, so we are getting in reports and the reporting system works to some extent at least. The website report form has been known to have some issues lately, with the client reporting working better. And yeah if you have reports in "awaiting" status currently, please do as Legion advised and send a screenshot of it (pm).

About reporting being a "wasted time", not completely true. Yes the processing might take some time, but all reports are processed. Not reporting a user might mean they will never be held accountable for their actions, and keep up with their behavior in the community. The eventual ban length can also be affected if there is 1 report, or say 4 reports against the user. Similarly the prioritization of processing the reports can be affected if there is multiple reports against a user, as compared to only one.

@zokora Why not volunteer to assist with actioning the reports?

With what @Giebmasse said earlier.
In regards "the client reporting working better."
Many people do not know how to do this. So I will post here actions to do so.

Right click drop down arrow next to your profile name in client.
Select Moderation Report.
Fill in the offenders name or names, the replay id that can be found from the vault, the time in the game the specific action occurred and in the large text box give a description of the offense as detailed as possible to save mods time.

Alternatively go to your local replay section.
Click the game and on the right will be a "Report Game" button.
If you click this it will auto fill the replay id and you just need to fill in the time, offender and detail.

Just incase anyone who did not know how to report people other than the website which sometimes fails.

Ras Boi's save lives.

In terms of the time taken to process reports, it's a case of needing more manpower. Giebmasse's post requesting volunteers from a while ago is still relevant:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/433/moderator

Thanks for all the positive response. I have sent some PMs, so they can look into the issue.

Edit: They solved the reports very quickly, dunno what caused the trouble, but it works now.

@zokora Respect