Advanced strategic icons mod

c4c4ba41-1a0e-4d88-b6db-42d5bc158b6a-image.png

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this mod i have been using it for awhile and with the new patch it kind of messed it up by having some of the icon got to default size/look

I play in 2k resolution and some of the icon are so tiny, im trying to figure out if there is anther mod that works or a way to make the default icon larger in game

@greedyscoobs

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this mod i have been using it for awhile and with the new patch it kind of messed it up by having some of the icon got to default size/look

You're referring to the develop branch?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Yes, it ruined a mod where the modded icon will not appear
it makes the game basically unplayable for me because I can barely see the icons on 2k-4k res

@jip [0_1630782855978_Advanced_Strategic_Icons_mod_installer_3.3.1.zip](Uploading 100%) this is the mod if you can look into I would really appreciate it, its really hard to play the game without it because there isn't a in-game way to increase the icons

the icons appear to be fine for me in Develop, but i did modify the icons to suit my own tastes. But i'm not sure why that would be the case.

you can try what i made, but i run 1440 on ultra wide at 150 scaling, so maybe these are still still small on 4k.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BztpHQoY-zDCZccRLE_zJ370G9kwl-fX/view?usp=sharing

If I had to guess, what probably happened is that they changed the name/designation of some of the units in the FAF Develop branch so that the Strategic Icons mod doesn't know what to replace anymore. The ASI mod works by replacing the icons already in the game simply by having the same name as the icons that already exist and it overwrites them. But if the FAF team changes the name of the already existing icons/units, the ASI mod won't work. Which means all you have to do is go into the files and see what they changed the unit names to.

@macdeffy

Your link doesn't work because you didn't provide access.

wooops, here you go. just tested again on develop, all the icons still are the advanced strategic icons for me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BztpHQoY-zDCZccRLE_zJ370G9kwl-fX/view?usp=sharing

@Jip Correct me if I'm wrong, but the develop changes include support for custom strategic icons in mods right? So using an installer like this wont be necessary anymore, people will be able to make their own strategic icon mods and upload them to the vault.

If I recall properly then yes - but I do not know by heart which PR made that possible.

It was the change to the init file that allowed mods to load custom textures.

I really needed this too to play FAF on a 4k monitor at full resolution and I think I fixed it. It took me longer than I'd like to admit, but here it is: I copied all the icons from advanced strategic icons (large version) and made it into a mod. Hope it works for you. I called the mod Advanced Strategic Icons XL. It should be under UI mods, but it's the first mod I uploaded, so maybe I messed something up.

Hello guys
I'm trying to play FAF on Linux and I'd like to install these icons too
As far as I understood after installation a file Advanced strategic icons.nxt should come up in folder C:/ProgramData/FAForever/gamedata/

Can anybody provide me with this file?
I think I know where I should put it 🙂

It is best to download the Brewlan UI mods (small / large / classic). They work as intended, assuming that you enabled them.

If you use medium set on higher res i can send you what I'm working on which is a overhaul of asi, but I've not yet finished to upload as a mod yet. Otherwise for small use brewlan as suggested.

@jip I don't know why, but Brewian UI mod doesn't work

I'm okay with any strategic icons except default one

@macdeffy let's try
my email: [email protected]

Are you playing via featured mods? Those do not support the custom icon approach (yet).

@jip I added the mods through FAF client, but it doesn't work 😞

Do you know how I should do it to make it work?

mods.png

@rubbern Maybe close and open FAF? or make sure another UI mod isn't applied to your icons

FAF Website Developer