TML is broken

For now TML's shift is bugged and clearly broken

How to simulate bug:

1. build TML
  2. Make some targets for it (i dunno, mb ground fire will be also bugged)
  3. Order to launch rocket into few targets in a row
  4. Cancel one order after every launch (to not launch two rockets into the same target)

So, basically after one-two launches tml just stands with an attack order and do nothing

I also tested it with cancelling order and giving the new one, still happens quite often

Fix it pls

Stays with an attack order and doesnt shoot forever
Stays with order and dont shoot forever

Can confirm they get stuck, but also an easy unstuck.

I often use shift-G spread attack with multiple TML, sometimes they get stuck and do not fire until I shift-G again.

@valki yea, i tried split attack too
even if i cancel first order after shot and give second split attack order immediately after - they dont shoot
have to repeat one order few times to just fkn launch them, that really sucks if you have to control other parts of map too

@valki said in TML is broken:

I often use shift-G spread attack with multiple TML

hmpf, so many years I play this game and I know about spread-attack and do it with bombers, but never thought to use it with TMLs....TIL thanks.

@zokora Did you not read the OP? Split attack breaks TML

@funkoff said in TML is broken:

@zokora Did you not read the OP? Split attack breaks TML

It also unbreaks it just as easily - just make sure they fire, otherwise hit them again

@valki said in TML is broken:

Can confirm they get stuck, but also an easy unstuck.

I often use shift-G spread attack with multiple TML, sometimes they get stuck and do not fire until I shift-G again.

Fucking great, all this years making control groups with bombers when there was somrthing already to spread them... And how it is used if you don't mind to explain?

@napspan select all your bombers, give order to attack all targets while shift is pressed, then press spread attack (bind key for it in key bindings)

@valki you have to wait few seconds, to understand, that tml doesnt shoot, then waste time again

every wasted seconds is a big disadvantage (in ladder, at least), so this clearly is not 'easy'

and yes, just these additional one-three seconds between launches (to understand, that tml is stuck and give order again) may be exactly what your enemy needs to build tmd and repel the attack

every second is matter

@etfreeman you need to hold-fire them manually after launching anyway. While TML1 might fire a missile 1 at target A, but the target is not destroyed before it can fire again so missile 2 is also launched at target A, etc. Same for other TMLs and other targets.

So instead of waiting for launch to hold fire, you now press shift-G again if there is no launch. Time is only wasted when the bug occurs, not pre-emptively.

But I definitely agree it would be good if it is fixed, but they apparently have limited manpower to fix things.