about 1v1 ladder and fire beetle

hi there,

I wanted to invite a friend of mine to play a 1v1 ladder match, but i'm not sure if that's possible... I only managed to team up with him for a 2v2 ladder... can someone help me out ?

also, playing as a cybran, I'd like to know if there is a tactic to make fire beetles useful ?
I just can't do nothing with them, they get crushed all the time before they hit any target ๐Ÿ˜•

do you know of some vid or tutorial that explains how to play them, unless they're completely out of the game, due the latest patches...
thanks for your help anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

You canโ€™t pick who you vs in a ladder match. If youโ€™d like to play your friend in a 1v1 then you have to do a custom game to play with them.

As far as the beetle is concerned Iโ€™ve got no clue if thereโ€™s an up to date video on how to cheese with them. Cheese is all theyโ€™re good for, can use their cloaking and stealth to attack random mexes and stuff that would generally be otherwise protected

Fire beetles still work, you just need to drop 12 of them on an acu not expecting any aggro as early as possible, aka the air player.

ok thanks for your answers guys ๐Ÿ™‚

I thought that beetle drop on an acu was not effective anymore... I'll still try anyway !

from what you say, I guess I can't use them to break a shielded turtle with a few t2 pd inside ? ๐Ÿ˜•

Beetles can be used when mixed in big t1/t2 armies. The t1/t2 tanks can tank for the beetles while they get close.

You can also use them as some cheap mid/lategame raiding tool like sniping shields, fabs, clumps of engies, etc.

Beetles are terrible at acu snipes so you shouldnt try to do that. They also get crushed insanely hard by pds

@thewheelie said in about 1v1 ladder and fire beetle:

Beetles can be used when mixed in big t1/t2 armies. The t1/t2 tanks can tank for the beetles while they get close.

You can also use them as some cheap mid/lategame raiding tool like sniping shields, fabs, clumps of engies, etc.

Beetles are terrible at acu snipes so you shouldnt try to do that. They also get crushed insanely hard by pds

well thanks for your detailled answer ๐Ÿ˜‰
I saw yesterday a youtube vid with jagged appliance was making some good use of fire beetles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAiyFS-6zuQ

(the 2v2 isis fight)

quite inspiring I must say ๐Ÿ™‚

The only time I can imagine firebeetles being a good choice is when you are up against shielded mongoose or sniper bots.

make stealth field and delete aeon t2 army when he is pushing you, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIDYryiuNzw

@etfreeman said in about 1v1 ladder and fire beetle:

make stealth field and delete aeon t2 army when he is pushing you, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIDYryiuNzw

ok thanks for the vid, but I thought the fb were cloaked ??! I am wrong ?

@redhotchilipeper they're permanently cloaked for free, yes
but cloak doesn't help against radar

@etfreeman oh it's true, I'm still confused sometimes about that cloak and stealth stuff.. thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰