Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets

Exactly what femto said. I keep things wrong and intuitive, the people that get impacted by it being wrong go:

“wow classic incompetent ftx, can’t do anything but lie to us or maybe he doesn’t even understand what is going on”

Did you think about the possibility of two guys having different deviations there.

@auricocorico said in Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets:

Alright I did it for you all :

ladderoool fixed.png

Easy enough, i'm such a genuis 😇

I am sure that the sigma is the same for every player.

That could be a lot less complicated here. Does it matter a lot that those values are slighly incorrect cause it depends on the sigma ? At least it's comprehensible by the players ...

@askaholic said in Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets:

1. Update your client to the latest version.
  2. Go to the matchmaking tab and click the desire map pool.

The map list displayed comprises of the maps for your pool. You don’t need to know what your mu is.

@Auricocorico Just do this? XD

@FtXCommando you could mention in the posts displaying the maps and rating brackets that the brackets refer to Mu and not shown rating.

@Askaholic Is there a way in the client to even see your Sigma? It used to be shown when you hover over your nick in aeolus but now it's no longer the case I think? I can't get it to work.

Ftx, according to your linked post on the rating system, I should “add 300 to my shown rating “

I have been 1700 or more for a majority of This ladder cycle, which should my+3 sigma put me at 2k.

None of my games have been in the 2k+ category, so what gives?

Then your deviation is lower than 100, you're facing people that have a mu lower than 2000+, or you are just getting unlucky with map selection.

Unreal, so most of the 2k plus maps get absolutely little to no play is what it comes down to.

Can we lower the top bracket a bit? Back on topic, I would like to hear from the ladder pool designer, mister arch, why he put a new map in such a rarely-played category.

Further, I really like some of the maps in that bracket, would much rather see less 5x5 than less 20x20. It makes no sense to be restricted from interesting maps simply because I’m not top 35 verse top 50??? Are other people in top 100 against 20x20 ? I thought from ftx ladder survey it was shown players with 1200 or less cbf to play 20x20.

@George_W_Crush
323d7f21-3ed9-46db-89a6-9f9b15ee42b7-grafik.png

Those are your stats btw, so rather close to the threshold (mean is the MU).

Atm there are 47 people who can get 2k+ maps (a lot of them are new players with very high deviation). If you are interested in who that is, you can look at this query: https://api.faforever.com/data/player/?filter=ladder1v1Rating.mean=ge=2000&page[totals]
Just search for "login": to easily find the names.

Femto, thanks, but this does not address my original concern as to why a new map with a good effort is placed in such a high level bracket.

Archsimkat, can you please explain why this map Gruntti made is only for higher-rated tiers? I do not see anything that overwhelming in its "meta" that would confuse lower tiers.

The map was put into 2000+ because I was talking with arch about removing a map that was in that pool. He decided to remove it and replace it, and replaced it with gruntii's map.

I also talked to him about putting new 10x10s in 1500-2000 as a general rule and he had no problem with it.

Okay, so for Gruntti, can we put that map in that bracket next month?

I dunno why I do this for people after discussing with them since like you, they NEVER follow up with their "issues" and actually write in the message board, but Gruntti is a good fellah, think he should get a chance to show off his mapping skills here.

Thank you!

I had originally placed Cheeky Isle in the 1500-2000 category, but Jip put Autumn as a map proposal decided to add it last minute so I just shuffled Cheeky Isle up a division and slot Autumn in - I can put Cheeky Isle in the 1500-2000 next bracket so it gets more exposure and playtime for sure.

Thank you! That is all I wanted to know!

Thank you for everyone involved. ❤

@tagada said in Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets:

@Askaholic Is there a way in the client to even see your Sigma? It used to be shown when you hover over your nick in aeolus but now it's no longer the case I think? I can't get it to work.

That was in the legacy client. I don’t think the official client displays it anywhere. Not really sure why, I thought showing sigma on hover was nice.

No there is no way in the client itself. The only thing that shows it is the faforever.log file where it states your mu and sigma next to your nickname.