Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets

I can’t tell if you think 2k+ means 2k+ shown rating or mu but it’s the latter. Meaning that all this adjustment did was put the pools at their original intended rating levels (since 2k mu is like 1750 shown rating).

So wait, the 2k in the chart is not the end result 2k calculated by whatever formula faf is using? That makes no fucking sense ever. Literally everyone everywhere uses the shown rating and you expect people to know what their raw rating is? That is the most ftx thing ever lol, all you do is just creating needless complexity, and this topic is showing it.

The rating brackets have always used mu, everything on FAF uses mu other than shown rating. Whole reason I adjusted it was because I was under the impression rating brackets utilized shown rating when they didn't.

No human in faf uses mu

You would have to tell the server devs to change it to shown rating then lol

It is not about what the server does in the background, but about how it is shown to people. Who the hell would know that the "2k+" bracket is actually 1750 without knowing that code, and the logic behind it?

You need to work on how you show things to people in layman terms. Not everyone has the time to get these details and the susceptibility to confusion is high.

Regardless, I have been 1750+ quite a bit in this ladder cycle, and have to see one of the supposed "2k+" maps.

Yes, it is about what the server does in the background, because when the server uses MU instead of shown rating you can never give an accurate shown rating that will give you the maps. Otherwise you'll get people complaining or being confused about getting map X when they are only 700 and it's an 800+ map.

Exactly what femto said. I keep things wrong and intuitive, the people that get impacted by it being wrong go:

“wow classic incompetent ftx, can’t do anything but lie to us or maybe he doesn’t even understand what is going on”

Or I explain how it really works in a post no one will ever read and explain how devs are working to make the process more intuitive in the same post, which again no one will read and get:

“wow classic ftx, makes things complicated for no reason and can’t even be bothered to think about the common player, what a shithead”

No one remembers every post in the message board. Put a disclaimer in the bracket ladder doc that links this post to explain it.

1. Update your client to the latest version.
  2. Go to the matchmaking tab and click the desire map pool.

The map list displayed comprises of the maps for your pool. You don’t need to know what your mu is.

Alright I did it for you all :

ladderoool fixed.png

Easy enough, i'm such a genuis 😇

auricocorico said in Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets:

Easy enough, i'm such a genuis

genius*****

Exactly what femto said. I keep things wrong and intuitive, the people that get impacted by it being wrong go:

“wow classic incompetent ftx, can’t do anything but lie to us or maybe he doesn’t even understand what is going on”

Did you think about the possibility of two guys having different deviations there.

@auricocorico said in Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets:

Alright I did it for you all :

ladderoool fixed.png

Easy enough, i'm such a genuis 😇

I am sure that the sigma is the same for every player.

That could be a lot less complicated here. Does it matter a lot that those values are slighly incorrect cause it depends on the sigma ? At least it's comprehensible by the players ...

@askaholic said in Complaint about TMM and Ladder Pool Rating Brackets:

1. Update your client to the latest version.
  2. Go to the matchmaking tab and click the desire map pool.

The map list displayed comprises of the maps for your pool. You don’t need to know what your mu is.

@Auricocorico Just do this? XD

@FtXCommando you could mention in the posts displaying the maps and rating brackets that the brackets refer to Mu and not shown rating.

@Askaholic Is there a way in the client to even see your Sigma? It used to be shown when you hover over your nick in aeolus but now it's no longer the case I think? I can't get it to work.

Ftx, according to your linked post on the rating system, I should “add 300 to my shown rating “

I have been 1700 or more for a majority of This ladder cycle, which should my+3 sigma put me at 2k.

None of my games have been in the 2k+ category, so what gives?

Then your deviation is lower than 100, you're facing people that have a mu lower than 2000+, or you are just getting unlucky with map selection.

Unreal, so most of the 2k plus maps get absolutely little to no play is what it comes down to.

Can we lower the top bracket a bit? Back on topic, I would like to hear from the ladder pool designer, mister arch, why he put a new map in such a rarely-played category.

Further, I really like some of the maps in that bracket, would much rather see less 5x5 than less 20x20. It makes no sense to be restricted from interesting maps simply because I’m not top 35 verse top 50??? Are other people in top 100 against 20x20 ? I thought from ftx ladder survey it was shown players with 1200 or less cbf to play 20x20.

@George_W_Crush
323d7f21-3ed9-46db-89a6-9f9b15ee42b7-grafik.png

Those are your stats btw, so rather close to the threshold (mean is the MU).

Atm there are 47 people who can get 2k+ maps (a lot of them are new players with very high deviation). If you are interested in who that is, you can look at this query: https://api.faforever.com/data/player/?filter=ladder1v1Rating.mean=ge=2000&page[totals]
Just search for "login": to easily find the names.