What has FAF changed for mods?

Today, I was able to install and run FAF-client today after much drama. Beyond that, I tried running 4DC / DMS with the FAF, observing all sort of LUA errors jumping up during the match load up.

Sure, it's not really surprising considering that no one has touched 4DC / DMS in over a decade, yet my first impression was pathing. Has the pathing to the major bits of LUA changed within FAF? Other than that what did other mods (universally) have to update to become compatible with FAF?

-Resin

Could you specify what changed according to you? That makes it easier to respond

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

It's hard to do so without dumping a fair bit of code. Much of which would be difficult to see in context, with having the same mods installed. But here ya go...

Error Log .txt

Mods loaded are DMS 0.8 with 4DC v0.82

Just chose two of the more recent versions of the two mods, no other reason they were selected. This load is from only the startup with the UEF faction selected on the map Williams Bridge, with no AI's selected.

Took a quick look at the FAF /Gamedata

Looks like your using a new compression method called .nx2. Thus all of the main LUA bits have been renamed, (I'm thinking) to preserve the integrity of the original game.

Its a bit of a leap, but it could be as simple as updating the file pathing to use .NX2 to provide compatibility. However it would be smart to have it backwards compatible as well so the mods would default to .SCD when FAF is not detected. No idea how to script that yet... Brain storming.

I was referring to the pathing. I understand that the mods are not immediately compatible 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I have a problem. The templates either disappear when i select them. Or if I select a t3 air factory next to a t3 power generator in a square (two t3 air, two t3 power gens) then I'm left with only the one t3 air factory. I Have to then go back and click on the template picture again and again until painstakingly I can drag and set the template.

@quantumtyphoon said in What has FAF changed for mods?:

I have a problem. The templates either disappear when i select them. Or if I select a t3 air factory next to a t3 power generator in a square (two t3 air, two t3 power gens) then I'm left with only the one t3 air factory. I Have to then go back and click on the template picture again and again until painstakingly I can drag and set the template.

@quantumtyphoon Why in the frick would you post that in this thread that has not a dang thing to do with your issue?

Please create a thread specifically to discuss your issue along with a replay# & the game log for that game.

@mostlostnoob Oops. I had multiple tabs open and commented in the wrong thread. Good catch mlNoob.