What causes sudden game crash?

3 times this week my game just suddenly froze and crashed. I am unable to alt-tab out either. The only way I can get out of it and fix, is by opening up a new desktop via windows key+tab, then opening task manager and ending the process for the game?

Any ideas?

Astrologers believe that this is due to the fact you are not sending logs.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

This post is deleted!

@ysomanyratstho said in What causes sudden game crash?:

What log do I need to send and to whom?

This post is deleted!

Lets start with the low hanging items.

These mods can be deleted as there function or similar function has been integrated, so the mods are deprecated:

• NoShake
  • Additional Camera Stuff v3.3
  • Disperse Move
  • Spread Move

Advanced target priorities 1.1 should probably also be deleted as it was integrated. If you'd still like the visual part of the functionality, I'd suggest installing the newer version uploaded by Nomander.

After that, I'd suggest that you go to FAF Client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > ✔ > click "Get the latest version of the debugger". This will create a more detailed log to assist with future troubleshooting.

Next, I would suggest disabling all your mods in both FAF Client > Mods > Manage active mods & also lobby > Mods (or lobby > Options Mods), then play a game to ensure that you're not having an issue with the base FAF game. If you do still crash, then please post latest game_22xxxxxx.log file.

If you don't crash playing a non-modded game, then you'll need to troubleshoot by enabling your mods 1 mod at a time until you get another crash to determine which one it is causing the crash or at least isn't playing nice with another mod. Once you know that, then you'll need to try to get ahold of the mod's author/maintainer to ask them to fix it. The best place to do that would be to look in the Modding & Tools section of the FAF Forums & find the thread dedicated to the offending mod & make a post in there.

One other item, I noted the line info: Minimized true in your log. This tells me that you switched focus away from the game. All versions of SCFA hates Alt+Tab or other things that take focus away while playing in full screen, so if you're going to do that, then it's highly recommended that you play in Windowed. There are programs like Borderless Gaming or scripts like one of the ones in this FAF forum thread to make the window fit the entire screen so it appears that you're playing in full screen even though you're not.

@ysomanyratstho log you sent does not contain any data that is related to crash. Enable debugger and next time game crashes, send it.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

It would seem they were related to old mods I had been using, i've since disabled them and all seems to be well this far. Thanks for the help