Pathfinding/targetting issue with new version

I'm curious about this one. When I play with my friend he often complains about this problem and I never get it so we were writing it off to lag or something.

But the difference is he plays exclusively UEF where as I mainly play Cybran. Everyone here that is mentioning it is also playing UEF.

Here is ACU moving in circles: https://replay.faforever.com/22003007

@Melanol could you see if you can reproduce it on FAF Beta? It hasn't been updated the past months

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Tested in beta. No walking in circles.

Same map, UEF ACU vs a line of medusas. Default: circles; beta: no circles.

I found it; it is because of this:

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/5789/files#r1561281228

@tatsu thank you for reporting, @relentless thank you for the UEF suggestion and @Melanol thank you for taking the time to sand box it. I'll hot fix this tomorrow evening 🙂

And Thankyou @Jip... : )

I came on here specifically for this. I notice every time I am in close range with enemy units really counting on the Overcharge my commander starts doing the old circle back retreat instead of shooting the Overcharge. It works half the time. I even rewrote the key from O to Q thinking I was fat fingering the O and hitting the P. I also do play UEF just because I am a moron and it takes me to long to figure out the other races.

I do not have time to do a hotfix this weekend; the fix is available on the FAF Develop game type for those that keep running into this problem. Another solution is to always get the gun upgrade 🙂 .

I'll try to hotfix next week.

The hotfix is live 👍 , should be all good now.

hot diggity dang! thanks for the fix!

I did notice it for t1 arty as well in the past. not sure I'll be able to reproduce it.