Any idea why I can no longer open the debugging log window with F9

There is a hotkey action "Debug->Toggles the debugging log window", which was set to F9 for me.

This used to open a window that shows some debug log output, which would show errors from mods, and so on, (kind of essential for mod development), but this no longer seems to work.

I tried mapping this to a different key, in case there was something specifically blocking my F9 key, and instead mapped this to a key that I could see was working in FAF, but no dice. It seems this just doesn't work any more for me.

Does this work for other people?
If not, any idea why or when this stopped working?

@crispweed Did you happen to change the Primary Adapter in the in-game Options > Video to a resolution so you're playing in full screen instead of Windowed?

@mostlostnoob No, I don't think so, and I just tried this in non-full screen window (floating window), and still no log window opens up.

What has happened to me in the past is that the moho log opened off screen. The initial coordinates are in the preference file. You could always backup your current by renaming it and let the game generate a new preference file. If that solves the problem then you need to adjust the coordinates in your backed up preference file.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Where can I find this log on the local filesystem, to view it in a separate editor?

@jip Bingo, yeah, that was it, thanks!