Unbearable disconnection

Hi,

I've been playing FAF for over 12 years now, I've never seen so many connection issue. This has been going on for now about 1 or 2 months, and I'm sure that one of the last FAF update messed up something ! Problems happens in the game, but even when waiting in lobby for players to join. I'm not sure it is it related to the ICE adapter, or the different regions servers, but switching from GLobal to US, or Germany, Finland, etc does not make any difference.

In short, my dear people from FAF -> You have a problem

note: This is not only a problem for me a lot of other players are complaining of this recurring issue.

@personne Unfortunately, the majority of FAF infrastructure has been under near-constant DDOS attacks since the end of September/beginning of October. A lot of measures have been taken to mitigate those attacks, but they're still happening & not all are able to be dealt with. The hardest hit systems now are the Coturn servers, which are used to assist with making connections between players when a stable P2P connection can't be established. At this time, there's only 1 Cotrun (labeled Global) that is having better success than the others because it's a 3rd party service with some additional protections.

With all that said, here are the current best suggestions for helping with connection issues:

In the FAF client, go to the top left menu > Settings:

1. General > Write ICE Log File > check,
  2. Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > check > click "Get the latest version of the debugger",
  3. Allow the ICE adapter to use IPv6 > unchecked,
  4. Preferred Coturns for ICE > select only Global,

Next, quit the client (check Task Manager). Once it's completely closed, open the client again & play.

The next time you join a game & have connection issues, please click the Reply button at the bottom between the 👁 (View) icon & the "Mark unread" button. Next, go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified, then drag/drop these files into the Reply message window so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at:

1. client.log file (the Text Document file without the date),
  2. ice-adapter.log & advanced-ice-adapter.log (both in a separate folder)