Unhandled Exception during co-op missions

I introduced a friend of mine to FAF today and the experience has been...less than smooth. Ran into some issues where the client kept kicking him out of the lobby because he didn't have some of the mods and it wouldn't download them.

We worked around that, but ran into a much more pressing issue; every attempt to play co-op missions ends with an unhandled exception about 10-20 minutes into the game. Happened every time without fail, and we have no idea what's causing it. It is entirely happening on his end, and I've been the host each time since I was more familiar with the client and game. I've never had any issues with the game while playing solo and still don't - tested it after my friend gave up in frustration for the day. Attached are the error message and the game log.

His setup is an RTX 3060, and an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor. Has 64GB of RAM installed, if that matters.

game_21313432.log
message.txt

XACT errors suggest it is a sound issue. Here is a topic about it, not sure how helpful it is:

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4084/solutions-for-snd-error-xact-invalid-arg-xact3dapply-failed

@arma473 I'll give the suggestions in that thread a try and see how it goes.

@arma473 Well, turns out that didn't work at all. Friend decided he wasn't interested in playing the game after about two hours of trying to troubleshoot. Ah well, I'll keep looking into potential solutions for later reference, though.

@masterofthardus Simple sound issue fix steps are:

• Windows key > type: Control Panel > Open > Sound > Playback > select the Device you use:
  • Configure > Stereo > finish configuration,
  • Properties:
  • Enhancements > Disable all enhancements,
  • Advanced > no higher than 24 bit, 48000 Hz,
  • Spatial Sound > Off,
  • Restart or Shift+Shutdown (not just Shutdown) of PC

If your headphones come with any applet/program, then you may want to disable that & try using the headphones without it. Similarly, if they use a USB or Bluetooth dongle to connect to the PC, see if you can connect directly without the dongle.

If none of that helps nor the troubleshooting help on the page arma linked, then you may want to think about installing a 3rd party device/driver like VoiceMeeter or VAC.