Completely customizable hotkeys mod

@azath0th Yeah I hear you, it's a good idea. I'll see what I can do. PS: big fan, I stole a lot of your code ๐Ÿ˜

@nex Haven't looked at that code in detail but I have thought about those previews. I'll check it out when I get there. Implementing it into core is more than I ever imagined but I can see it working. So much to do though, would prefer some help with that to get it right. I'll think about opening up a suggestion on github when I'm done with the proof of concept version and see who's interested. Thanks!

@freadyfish stealing code isn't good idea at all. Put the license on top of each file you copied or use directly from mods.

โ€œBe a yardstick of quality. Some people arenโ€™t used to an environment where excellence is expected.โ€
โ€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@azath0th Ehm you don't have a license file and you leave the copyright field empty? Or am I wrong in assuming you are 4z0t? Otherwise, yes, ofc. Even though I do not understand at all why anyone would copyright a mod. Very lame ๐Ÿ™„

@freadyfish said in Completely customizable hotkeys mod:

Ehm you don't have a license file and you leave the copyright field empty?

That'd mean you aren't allowed to copy anything from the mod and publish it, without getting approval from the author first, as is explained on the github licensing page for example.
https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/managing-your-repositorys-settings-and-features/customizing-your-repository/licensing-a-repository#choosing-the-right-license

Sure it'd be nicer if everyone put a nice license for fair use with credit to the original author, but if the mod author is active you should ask if you can copy stuff or at least credit them for what you copied in your work. (aside from copy pasting singular lines or something)

@nex Aaah. Yes. You are right actually. I assumed too much. In @Azath0th case he does have the MIT license on his github repo so I will include that license for any of my releases and all should be fine. For everyone else, just sue me (that's a joke!)

You don't have to put any license if you just import required functions from a mod. About license for each mod: I will add these, but there are too many mods for update, it should come one by one. Thanks for pointing.

โ€œBe a yardstick of quality. Some people arenโ€™t used to an environment where excellence is expected.โ€
โ€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@FreadyFish have you got any progress yet? ๐Ÿ˜› https://github.com/4z0t/FAF-UI-Mods/blob/dev/aka_v01/mods/AKA/Main.lua

โ€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@zer0d4y I have completely missed this! Been busy with an OpenRA mod of mine, so no unfortunatelly I didnt do much at all. Barely even played (shameful)

What about you? Any new ideas? Seems like a good start! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

@FreadyFish It is being integrated https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/5755

โ€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods