My thoughts about balance

@accidental_aeon said in My thoughts about balance:

I will only speak on Navy balance since I am only a UEF only setoner.
TLDR: buff anti hover units or just nerf hover.

1. UEF navy is also balanced correctly. I got to 1900 by only playing UEF on Setons. There is no need to buff UEF. You just need to learn to scout your enemy properly and make the correct counter units. Don't underbuild or over build coopers, valiants, cruisers, frigates, battlecruisers, or battleships. In fact with proper scouting you should always have exactly as many of each as you need. You need to STOP making the same que of 3 valiant, 1 bulwark, 1 cruiser, 1 cooper I see in every low rated game. You need to use your brain and change your unit composition based on what your opponent does.

How am I supposed to know if 5 or 8 barracudas exist as UEF navy? How am I supposed to know where they are on a map like Maridia or Metir?

Got any replays of you holding a t2 sera all in by a competent player as UEF t2 navy?

Much of the real problems of UEF navy aren't actually showcased on sentons because the meta favors UEF gliding over their problems via a BC rush or decent torp/mid support in an actual t2 all in situation. This isn't possible on plenty of other navy maps which are more centered on t2 gameplay supplemented by BS later.

@ftxcommando said in My thoughts about balance:

@accidental_aeon said in My thoughts about balance:

I will only speak on Navy balance since I am only a UEF only setoner.
TLDR: buff anti hover units or just nerf hover.

1. UEF navy is also balanced correctly. I got to 1900 by only playing UEF on Setons. There is no need to buff UEF. You just need to learn to scout your enemy properly and make the correct counter units. Don't underbuild or over build coopers, valiants, cruisers, frigates, battlecruisers, or battleships. In fact with proper scouting you should always have exactly as many of each as you need. You need to STOP making the same que of 3 valiant, 1 bulwark, 1 cruiser, 1 cooper I see in every low rated game. You need to use your brain and change your unit composition based on what your opponent does.

How am I supposed to know if 5 or 8 barracudas exist as UEF navy? How am I supposed to know where they are on a map like Maridia or Metir?

Got any replays of you holding a t2 sera all in by a competent player as UEF t2 navy?

Much of the real problems of UEF navy aren't actually showcased on sentons because the meta favors UEF gliding over their problems via a BC rush or decent torp/mid support in an actual t2 all in situation. This isn't possible on plenty of other navy maps which are more centered on t2 gameplay supplemented by BS later.

Yeah, I totally agree with you on that, at least we have same opinion in one of my points:)

@exselsior I should probably make a different topic at some point, but for now I've deleted the wall of text I wrote and condensed it to:

Is what you're suggesting that I attack their ACU using my aurora, but have my ACU nearby to protect my aurora if their strikers/mantis/thaams make a push?

Or are you suggesting that aeon should push an enemy ACU off the map without even needing their own aeon ACU to help?

(Because when I try the latter, their units push back at my aurora, I micro my aurora etc... While their ACU scoops up the important map location. 😞 )

(My playing random might be going against me here, since habits with other races are probably trickling in to my aeon play)

@waffelzNoob I just saw your reply. I'll make a separate topic to talk about this sometime in the next week. It's somewhat hard to describe what it is I'm after help with, and I'm obviously not doing a good enough job of it here... The problem is essentially related to how the 'retreat speed' needed for kiting goes from 0.5 (speed:3 aurora vs speed ~3.5 thaam/striker/mantis), to 1.8 (speed 1.7 commander vs ~speed 3.5 thaam/striker/mantis). Essentially, it results in a situation where IF I tried to involve my ACU in a firefight with the enemy ACU, my ACU is in critical danger, since the enemy tanks are twice as tough as mine, and all the units involved are getting to attack (due to slow ACU retreat/kite speed)... And it feels trickier since the vision change.

@sylph_ You should focus the enemy tanks and not the ACU. Because an ACU has a lot of health and it won't do less damage with less health, but killing tanks reduces your enemies dps. So you commander being in the firefight, while your auroras shoot from the back is what you want.
While your ACU takes 5k damage you kill more than 20 mantis and once you reach a certain number you can go in and kill your enemy.
Your Auroras are also safe from your opponents OC, while you can OC their tanks, which is also great.

@nex I've been focusing enemy tanks! (Focusing ACU was a previous mistake I stopped doing a while back in this situation).
The problem being that my ACU takes an absolute TON of damage from the enemy ACU + tanks, leading to my low-health ACU being unable to contest objectives from the enemy ACU, despite me having more land units.

I wish I had lots of great replays to show, but at my level a ton of other problems are too apparent for any to be great examples... But the overlying trend is that, as aeon, I can't do the 'retreat/kite with auroras' micro effectively when ACUs are involved - all units involved get to do their full DPS.

The essential problem is that the enemy ACU + tanks have more hitpoints + DPS than my ACU+aurora, due to lower aurora hitpoints.
The 'workaround', kiting with aurora, is something I can't get an advantage from when ACUs are involved, due to slow ACU movespeed.
I either disengage with my aeon ACU too soon, and lose the critical map location; or I disengage too late, and lose my ACU to enemy ACU + tougher tanks that deal the same DPS for the same cost. 😞
It feels like there isn't a 'midpoint' between 'too early' and 'too late'.
If anything, it feels like there is overlap, where I'm both!

I'll certainly try just doing better aurora micro, ensuring my aeon ACU focuses enemy tanks, and try to create a situation where the enemy loses their tanks, and their ACU can't put out enough damage to kill my ACU. Gosh though, it seems hard! (I guess this is par for the course with aeon t1!)

If your going to mess with Aeon t1 anti air maybe increase its range a little so i can poke t1 bombers a little more, but dont mess with its velocity or dmg.

This post is deleted!

Aircraft carrier is useless lmao

@thewreck said in My thoughts about balance:

Aircraft carrier is useless lmao

tsss, do not tell it anybody, let them build Carriers and def against air

Nuke is bad