Hotkeys - Taking micro to the next level

Hello, I've been recently playing some SC2 and I've noticed a lot of things that are done better in SC2 then SCFA and vice versa. So here is one my suggestions on how to improve the FAF gameplay, specifically micro aspect of the game.
I think that everyone that tried to play FAF competitively is aware of the hotkeys, they play a vital part in controlling your units efficiently and predictably. Here is a list of hotkeys that I think would be a really good addition to the existing ones.
Edit: As it turns out most of these were already a part of some UI mod;t hey are marked by being in Italic

Note: Please do not spam this thread, I would like to keep it clean and have only people interested in the idea of making such hotkeys, devs and other players with a lot of moding knowledge raise their points about what is feasible.
If you want to suggest other hotkeys please do so in this separate thread , if you won't comply I will ask a moderator to delete your post.
Here is a link to wiki page on SC2 hotkeys

Control Groups
There are a lot of features missing in terms of control groups and these are the most important hotkeys for micro'ing and controlling your armies.

Hotkey: Add selected units to existing control group
Default: Shift + # (corresponding key of the control group)
If no control group exists under the # then it creates a new control group just like you would use ctr + #

Hotkey: Take away selected units from a control group and create a new control group for those selected units
Default: Alt + # (corresponding key of the control group)

Both of these are a part of Washy's mod and they work nicely.

Ability to add factories to control groups (You can do it but it doesn't work like it should eg. it adds units that the factory produces to # control group instead of just having the factory in the # control group which currently makes this feature basically useless)

Selection

While this feature exists in a form of double clicking with mouse on a unit it lacks a hotkey counterpart (and I don't think I need to say why hotkeys are 100 times better)

Hotkey: Select similar units on screen to the ones selected

Part of a mod called UI Party by nine2

Camera

Enable players to save camera positions to a # and jump to a specific position by pressing #.
While this feature partially exists it's very limited and thus not very useful since you can only cycle through camera positions instead of being able to go to specific saved one.

Hotkey: Save current camera position to a # (eg. ctr + F5)

Hotkey: Jump to a saved camera position (eg. F5)

Both of these are part of a mod called Additional Camera Stuff

This list is WIP and I will add other suggestions in the future as well as after reading propositions from other players.

Washy was so kind to make me a mod that adds hotkeys to units to a controllgroup and remove units from a controllgroup (to doesnt add them to a enw one)
(would upload it here but i dont find where I can upload zip files, upload files option doesnt seem to allow it)

Forumpros doing balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A .
When a canis player remembers to build more than 3 units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjp8xJHuyA .

Great to hear, while having a mod for such things is nice I would like to see such essential features added to the game directly.

Control Groups
There are a lot of features missing in terms of control groups and these are the most important hotkeys for micro'ing and controlling your armies.

Hotkey: Add selected units to existing control group
Default: Shift + # (corresponding key of the control group)
If no control group exists under the # then it creates a new control group just like you would use ctr + #

Hotkey: Take away selected units from a control group and create a new control group for those selected units
Default: Alt + # (corresponding key of the control group)

i've made a mod for that a while ago (i think for farms, after he played some SC2...) but never bothered to upload.
feel free to try if it still works: https://ufile.io/460h9x7t

Ability to add factories to control groups (You can do it but it doesn't work like it should eg. it adds units that the factory produces to # control group instead of just having the factory in the # control group which currently makes this feature basically useless)

Selection

While this feature exists in a form of double clicking with mouse on a unit it lacks a hotkey counterpart (and I don't think I need to say why hotkeys are 100 times better)

Hotkey: Select similar units on screen to the ones selected

Selection -> "Select all similar units to those selected"
not an exact match, but maybe useful

Camera

Enable players to save camera positions to a # and jump to a specific position by pressing #.
While this feature partially exists it's very limited and thus not very useful since you can only cycle through camera positions instead of being able to go to specific saved one.

Hotkey: Save current camera position to a # (eg. ctr + F5)

Hotkey: Jump to a saved camera position (eg. F5)

exists in the Additional Camera Stuff mod

<-- washy

@sadabomination said in Hotkeys - Taking micro to the next level:

i've made a mod for that a while ago (i think for farms, after he played some SC2...) but never bothered to upload.
feel free to try if it still works: https://ufile.io/460h9x7t

Does this mod enable that as well?

Selection -> "Select all similar units to those selected"
not an exact match, but maybe useful

Yes, I use this one but the other one is needed as well for micro.

exists in the Additional Camera Stuff mod

Just noticed, would be nice to add it to core game.

The mod works and is very nice but it lacks one thing which I am not sure if it's possible: Take away unit from current control group and add it to new one so if I select units that are in Ctr group 1 and I click Alt + 3 it takes them away from 1 and assigns them to 3.

The mod works and is very nice but it lacks one thing which I am not sure if it's possible: Take away unit from current control group and add it to new one so if I select units that are in Ctr group 1 and I click Alt + 3 it takes them away from 1 and assigns them to 3.

that one is pretty easy
https://ufile.io/8rok6z29

Does this mod enable that as well?

no, and i'm not going to try in the near future, since i guess it will take some effort

<-- washy

It shouldn't be too hard since it's already in the game under "Select only factories from group X", just need to make some logic that if there is a factory in a control group it selects only it and not the units. Would be nice to also remove the code that adds the units to a control group that are build by a factory that is in said control group.

Select similar on screen units is a part of UI party and it works.

This post is deleted!

@Tagada said in Hotkeys - Taking micro to the next level:

Would be nice to also remove the code that adds the units to a control group that are build by a factory that is in said control group.

This is the biggest issue! Hotkeys are unusable on buildings because of this functionality.