Absolver

@ftxcommando I partially disagree. I would take kennels 100% every time, because they are mobile. We are not in a dual gap, so everything is close to the base.

experimental t4 land, how did you conclude that cybrans have better units?
uef has killer experimentala-percival.
fat boy in the range surpasses everything and if mikro will never kill him, because he has his own shield + parashield + factory. ,megalit and monkeylord cant cach up with micro fatboy, it outranges them.
novax every monklord and megalith will be destroyed by the satellite if you send it to attack outside base shilds

@arran i've seen players using kennels mobility and t3 acu + bili nuke+ t 2 transport to rapidly target everything outside the base from multiple sides. while novas forces you to play deff. and you don't have time to build fast tmd everywhere. how is that not balanced?

the problem is that the uef with its army can compensate for its flaws, that is, one unit works well with another by compensating for its flaws. other factions cannot do that. uef is perfectly balanced with each other (with in itself balance).

now you can say that it's not true that cybran have deciver and mermaidd but they don't change the flow of the game much because they are easy to counter, you just spam scouts t1(chepp conter)

@noble_ice said in Absolver:

@ftxcommando I partially disagree. I would take kennels 100% every time, because they are mobile. We are not in a dual gap, so everything is close to the base.

experimental t4 land, how did you conclude that cybrans have better units?
uef has killer experimentala-percival.
fat boy in the range surpasses everything and if mikro will never kill him, because he has his own shield + parashield + factory. ,megalit and monkeylord cant cach up with micro fatboy, it outranges them.
novax every monklord and megalith will be destroyed by the satellite if you send it to attack outside base shilds

mega is the best land t4 though you can also argue gc

percy is slower than all direct fire t4s aside from mega while also having less range and being vulnerable to aoe

fatboy dies to a third of its mass in t2 air trivially, same for tml or firebases while also being so ridiculously slow it will get to a frontline a minute later than a gc while still requiring yet another minute to break anything while also taking yet another minute because it’s also more mass -> this time is more than enough itself to set up the mass efficient counters even if your opponent made a gc first

spending 36k mass to do like 500 dps to a mega or ml just lol, nobody uses a novax for that

you dont need your bp concentration to be mobile, hives are more mass efficient while having zero risk of dying to externalities like aoe weapons. You plop 20 down in some empty area with a shield and can spend 200 mass on t4/smd/arty/nuke/shield/maybe a land or air fac or gateway

#save_aeon_absolver
I like having an absolver in army of Aeon

The suggested design for Cybran unit is ugly. I'm against that change as long as FAF gets proper unit design.

Also this IS adding new unit regardless of how FtXCommando calls it "moving" from faction to faction.

I believe there must be a community vote for this specific change.

While I'm ok with Cybran gaining a shield disruptor unit (per my post a long time ago in this thread), I really dont like the idea of also removing the absolver from the game, which seems to be the current plan.

FYI for those viewing this thread, there's a discord thread which discusses this aspect (the Absolver removal, as opposed to Cybran gaining a shield disruptor unit) further:
https://discord.com/channels/197033481883222026/1205788137742274600