Sera nano-regen sucks for its price

Ok. Lets compare UEF and Seraf. nano-regen ACU upgrade

UEF: 800m/24000e, +1500hp, hp regen +10->+50 (boosts regen +40)
Sera: 1800m/56000e, +2000hp, hp regen +10->+70 (boost regen +60)

So WHY does it costs so much?
Sera pays 2.25x of UEF regen's cost, but gains only +33% hp and +50% regen boost relative to it.

This kinda sucks, explain me please what balance team thought about when decided to write these numbers

Also, aeon Chrono Dampener is cheaper than sera nanoregen
Is this a joke? Just why? Just how? Chrono gives significantly greater advantage in battles than +70 regen on sera com

Although you are right that the numbers dont line up, there is a significant detial you have missed, spesifically the fact that UEF nano regen ocupies the same slot as the engineering upgrades while the seraphim one doesnt. That is part of its 'cost' that you have to later replace it.

The perpose of the UEF nano is to be an early game boost to combat effectiveness, at the expense of being unviable in the late game, because of this it is cheap and does not allow the constructuon of t2 buildings.

The seraphim nano is the exact oposite, its intended as a more late game boost to surviveability without sacrificeing early game capacity.

@Elusive you know, a difference in slots is not sera advantage. It is a double-edged blade. Yes, sera can use t2+nanoregen, but he cant use nanoregen+RAS, for example, while UEF can.
Also UEF have t2 field engies, so there is no problem in making some stuff on the frontline for him

And yes, in the late game +70 or +50 regen on com is not a thing that can really change situation on the battlefield. It's useless against snipes (com will die too fast to +20 regen matters), and gives almost equal ability to survive as UEF com with his CHEAP +50 nanoregen and his veteranicies which he gained on t1-t2.

@ETFreeman said in Sera nano-regen sucks for its price:

use nanoregen+RAS, for example, while UEF can.

sera can stack regen and ras, although it's not important imo

@keyser you right, RAS takes different slot. Well tactical launcher then, for example

yeah well that's good that you can't stack nano + tml, it would be way too op.

In general upgrades that cost more, add less hp/regen in comparison. Look at shields upgrade for example. The efficiency is lowered.

sera nano is a very good upgrade, that do shine for quite a big time on the battlefield.

It isn't linear like many of the other things in this and other games cause you also don't scale your army nor economy linearly.
UEF Nano is an early to early mid game upgrade, while Seraphim's Nano is a mid game upgrade. The fact that you can get Nano + t2 as Seraphim is huge due to extra HP and BP. So yes, both upgrades are strong and useful and no, Seraphim nano is not under powered at all, if it would have the efficiency as UEF nano it would be out right broken.

ET play some sera in ladder!
My favorite ACU for 1v1 games is the sera com.

@herzer99 i got 1400 ladder as sera main
and EUF nanoregen guncom just destroys sera with no chance
sera has no land answer except t2 bunker-PDs

@keyser said in Sera nano-regen sucks for its price:

yeah well that's good that you can't stack nano + tml, it would be way too op.

In general upgrades that cost more, add less hp/regen in comparison. Look at shields upgrade for example. The efficiency is lowered.

sera nano is a very good upgrade, that do shine for quite a big time on the battlefield.

nano+tml is way too op?
so UEF com is OP. Good. How we gonna nerf it?

alright i'm waiting on you to abuse it and provide the replays, cheers.

Keyser: nano+tml is op
also Keyser: waiting for proofs of it from other people
???
you said that this is op, not i

He was talking about Seraphim Nano + t2 + TML.

as UEF you can't get t2 + TML if you have nano and TML is useless without t2. Also can you stop repeating the same arguments that were already answered my at least 3 top rated players? It's just demotivating to come look and write here in the first place.

My advise for you:
Start playing other factions!
You will learn a lot about the game when u start playing with other factions aswell.

You can't stack nano and t2 on sera com if you want to go splash in 5 minutes (the true rambo com upgrade), therefore the upgrade stacking argument is invalid (splash needs buffing as you have to have already won for it to do anything in team games).