Graphic Artist Wanted

yup.

although....

• the council badges have a ribbon that ends in a cut tip
  • they have three ribbons (two more)
  • they have a thicker ribbon (except for tier 5 and tier 6, which is thicker)
  • they have the faf logo which occupies more space in the center and make them pop more thanks to all that volume of color.

overall I feel like these defer to the council badges whilst harboring a theme for badges as a whole.

Do the tiers themselves need icons also or just the subdivisions?

@Mvk_- for the 20x40 or the 200x400 versions?

What tatsu did is what we would need.

Should there be a background for them (eg. a colour backdrop behind the icon)? Tempted to have a go at this when I have some spare time

This post is deleted!

I came up with these, tried to go for a UEF commander look. I had a lot of fun making them!

faf rank concepts small.png

EDIT: Slightly improved(?) version!

faf rank concepts small v2.png

@GGhost272 Like a sequentially upgrading mask, very cool!

I'd like to make a new second entry for a second style :

T1 :
RankTwo_div1.png RankTwo_div2.png RankTwo_div3.png RankTwo_div4.png RankTwo_div5.png

T2 :
New Project(2).pngNew Project(5).pngNew Project(4).pngNew Project(3).pngNew Project(6).png

T3 :
RankThree_div1.png RankThree_div2.png RankThree_div3.png RankThree_div4.png RankThree_div5.png

T4 :
RankFour_div1.png RankFour_div2.png RankFour_div3.png RankFour_div4.png RankFour_div5.png

T5 :
rankFive_div1.pngrankFive_div2.png rankFive_div3.png RankFive_div4.png RankFive_div5.png

@tatsu Looks cool but I think just changing the size makes it pretty hard to tell between the sub tiers. Like if you just see one of them you won't be sure if it's tier 2 or 3 because they both look too similar.

Here's my idea, although I'm not particularly good at the graphics so maybe someone wants to take inspiration from it and come up with their own version, or just use this as a base and make it better. Go for it, you have full permission!

Rank Icons Idea.png

Divisions are differentiated by color, sub-divisions are differentiated by the number of stripes or stars and the final tier gets its own special icon. I tried to go for the commander mask, but it could be anything so long as it strikes fear into the hearts of your enemies.

I guess you need to be careful with colors because of colorblindness, so maybe the border should get progressively more fancy as you go up divisions. Something like

Bronze -> no border
Silver -> Top and bottom
Gold -> Full border plain
Diamond -> Full border embellished
Master -> Even more embellished

Anyway, I've spent too much time making this already 😛

Edit: I worked on polishing it up and heres what I came up with. I kindof made the mistake of assuming the rank numbers increase as you gain rank, but it's supposed to be the opposite. These icons make more sense if subdivision 5 is the top and 1 is the bottom.
Rank Icons2.png

I like askaholics ideas, but I wanted to put out the reminder:
you need to attempt to communicate the fact that metal elements are in fact: metal.

Otherwise it’s a bit hard to assume people will think bronze is not just “brown” or diamond not “cyan”

Don’t know why master rank needs to be purple, seems a bit strange and doesn’t hold any significance, if you’re going to add in reflections to communicate the metal, maybe give the purple some blue (or green) shine to make it more of a gemstone? Just a thought

The old uef acu mask looks absolutely terrible, don’t feel the need to use that. I would try just a basic crown or something easy to communicate

@GGhost272 That looks amazing! I would be motivated to get those to show off.

I don't have a problem going for the bf2 or sc2 or u.s mil. symbols. I don't like the color rainbow idea. What about fire? tiersmall.png tierlarge.png
I'm aware that I'm missing t5 as an example, each symbol had to be resized separately, when I resized the large image the roman numerals went transparent.

@QuantumTyphoon I like the idea but the roman numerals dissappear almost entirely against a black backdrop...

I vote for askaholic with some fine tuning colours, it is simple yet clear.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

These are 80x40 as 400x200 doesn't translate too well downscaled to 40x20, I asked ftx to use 80x40 instead who asked blackyps/biass who said ok. 400x200 and 40x20 versions are present too.

Sizes comparison (Diamond-1)

400x200
Diamond-1.png
80x40
Diamond-1_medium.png
40x20 (hopefully obsolete in favor of 80x40 but mb useful to have near ava in chat)
Diamond-1_small.png

All icons in 80x40

Bronze

Bronze-5_medium.png
Bronze-4_medium.png
Bronze-3_medium.png
Bronze-2_medium.png
Bronze-1_medium.png

Silver

Silver-5_medium.png
Silver-4_medium.png
Silver-3_medium.png
Silver-2_medium.png
Silver-1_medium.png

Gold

Gold-5_medium.png
Gold-4_medium.png
Gold-3_medium.png
Gold-2_medium.png
Gold-1_medium.png

Diamond

Diamond-5_medium.png
Diamond-4_medium.png
Diamond-3_medium.png
Diamond-2_medium.png
Diamond-1_medium.png

Master

Master-5_medium.png
Master-4_medium.png
Master-3_medium.png
Master-2_medium.png
Master-1_medium.png

Grandmaster (supreme commander is a yikes name)

Grandmaster-Crown_medium.png

And the "acu mask" version that kind of turns the icon into an acu face if you have imagination, or you could say its not a face and just a ladder symbol in the middle as well

Grandmaster-ACU-Face_medium.png

My personal icon (non-negotiable)

Fremy_Speeddraw_medium.png

i think someone won

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

The crown takes the crown? Shame you don't accept the appropriate title of 'Supreme Commander'.

I think the icons are beautiful. I would like to see the 'Master' tier in black/white, but again these look fantastic.

@Fremy_Speeddraw Fantastic stuff! There've been some really nice submissions in this thread but I hope yours gets chosen - lovely work.

Amazing work Petric!