FAFLIVE Scene transition for LoTS (and channel)

@biass said in FAFLIVE Scene transition for LoTS (and channel):

The harder the backlash, the more likely you're going to act on it.

Well, it does make it significantly more likely that I'll ignore your feedback in the future. I guess you could say that I did "act on it".

FAF is the space we as a community make it. If you think people learn best by harsh, unfiltered, and sometimes outright mean criticism, I guess that is the way you are going to leave your impact here.

I very much disagree with that though and as you so accurately put it, a "haha yeah I guess response" may be read as silent agreement, which is a signal I definitely don't want to send.

Or in short: Good work javi! I'd leave it as is for now, and then collect some additional feedback after LOTS is over. Then we can see what did, and didn't work.

@Femboy I like it - great job.

To me it feels it should be slightly faster especially now that the logo doesn't get constructed during the animation. E.g., the logo is in view immediately and the animation feels a bit long. At 0:42 the logo is displaced twice because the same logo is used by the background banner. I feel that is a bit much - but I'm not sure what to do about that 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@biass Yes, I appreciate the feedback greatly. I just think you could improve the way you say it. I think basic kindness is good and some people can't stand harsh critiques. In my perspective, I'll try to accommodate as much contributors as I can to have the greatest production value. I think there is a way to give a harsh critique while also recognizing what was improved on or done well.

I dont see it as complaining, I see it more as feedback for yourself and in which discussion did I kick you? I'm just saying, I appreciate your feedback and you are right, you don't have to contour it to anyone. I'll keep appreciating since I know that if a harsh critique is pleased, then the work should be fine. (being nice is free thou lol)

Also I agree to the more refined designers it's a bit dull and meh (and to regular people it might be impressive) but since I'm almost the only person working on this "project" and I have a deadline to meet, I have to cut corners here and there. Maybe if I catch up with what I have to do for LoTS, I'll revisit the transition and make it better.

@CheeseBerry I do appreciate your position as well, I believe being supportive towards each other will lead us farther as a community!

FAF Website Developer

Never be nice to anyone on FAF.