Can't sign into FAF account after long hiatus

I played FaF a while ago and just started getting back into it, but whenever i try to "log in" throught the client, it says either incorrect password or pops up with an error, something about a form being submitted twice? I tried resetting my pasword and re-registering my account, but it keeps poping up with a notification of my profile being linked to the account I used to play on, which is the one i am accessing now and hasn't changed. I only used one email for this account which is the same so I'm confused on what is going on. Any tips or am i stuck making a new steam account and rebuying?

Edit: Whenever i tried signing in with my username, it would always show "incorrect username or password", whereas if tried to sign in with email, it would show the error report. Is it a possibility that the account was linked to a different email (which is not possible since i have only used this email for FaF related conted thus far)

You use your username to sign in, not your email. If you need to reset your password or email you can do so via steam. https://forum.faforever.com/topic/278/i-lost-access-to-my-account-what-should-i-do/1

Email should work as well in general. But yeah, when in doubt reset via Steam.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@brutus5000 when you say via steam, do you mean reset my steam password? I had tried that with no luck, unless i am misinterpeting what you are refering to.

Reset your FAF password via steam from the faforever.com password reset (I'd post a link but our website is completely broken on mobile devices).
Afterwards it will tell you the account name that you reset. 99% it's not the account you think it is.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@brutus5000 I see what you mean now, however when I try to click on the steam link/image, it does not respond nor reroute me to steam. Is the link broken? Another issue i seem to be runing into is whenever i try to sign into the FaF website, i reseive another error mesage saying "internal server error" and that's it. Are these events related in some way, or corrilated to the double form submission error i was receiving while trying to sign in with my email?

Disregard, link issue was resolved with a new form submission. Followed the link and reset the password. Account was still the same, so i think the order of events i was following previously was out of order. I am now logged into FaF and seems to be able to play. Thanks for the help.

In case anyone else has this issue, here is a link to the password reset page:

https://faforever.com/account/password/reset