2021 Fall Invitational Qualifier

Hello and welcome to the Qualifier Tournament for the 2021 Fall Invitational. The winners of this tournament will fill up the remaining slots in the group stage as well as determine substitutes. Players who have received invites are not eligible to participate (a list of invites can be found here).

This is going to be a 1v1 Double Elimination bracket with BO3 games in the winners bracket and BO1 games in the losers bracket. The bracket will be seeded based on ladder rating. Each BO3 will consist of a 5x5, 10x10, and 20x20, played in that order.

There is no rating requirement or maximum number of signs ups for this tournament, the number of BO1s vs BO3s in the winners bracket will be adjusted to ensure a timely tournament.

All standard tournament rules apply. In the event of a tie in position occurs (ie 7-8th) which is needed to determine whether a player will advance to the group stage, a BO1 will be played to determine who advances. Signups will close 15 minutes before the start time.

Date: October 16th
Start Time: 14:00 UTC
Chat: /join #fall
Challonge: https://challonge.com/39fbeqso
Tournament Directors: Swkoll + TBD
Stream: twitch.tv/faflive
Poll: https://strawpoll.com/o2erz1cfk

Prizes:
The top 3* players from the qualifier will advance to the Group Stage with higher places receiving a higher group pick/seed. In addition to qualifying for the group stage, 1st place will receive the summer qualifier champion avatar, 2nd place will receive a faction face avatar, and 3rd place will receive a faction icon avatar.

*tentative based on the number of accepted invites

To signup leave your faf name and ladder rating in a post below (or just msg me on faf).

Map Pool:

5x5:
Cobalt Valley
crazyrush
Esgaroth's Ruins
Firelight
Map Gen - 5x5 - Tournament
Stickleback Ridge
Williamson's bridge

10x10:
8 - Badlands_v4
Arcane
Darkfall
Forgotten Facilities - 10x10
hollow
Map Gen - 10x10 - Tournament
Open palms - FAF version
Oracle
Twin Rivers

20x20:
Bermuda Locket - FAF version
Emerald Crater
Frozen Firefight
Map Gen - 20x20 - Tournament
Mentor
Point of Reach v4
Seraphim Glaciers - FAF version

Signups:

1. JaggedAppliance 2065
  2. WoundedElkNoob 2062
  3. zwaffelNoob 2026
  4. Reactive_ 2010
  5. BlInChIk 1988
  6. fruitieN00b 1945
  7. grimplex 1828
  8. Auricocorico 1783
  9. MacroNoob 1755
  10. Matr1_ 1637
  11. Cast_Away 1568
  12. RowanMorseYT 1491
  13. Unknow 1444
  14. demonstreamer666 1425
  15. Javi 1294
  16. Matr1__ 1296
  17. NoOneCares 1221
  18. Riot- 1178
  19. Tomruler 1136

Time to qualify. I'm in!

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

i'm in i'm in i'm in i'm in i'm in

Yeah sure, why not

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

I sign up

Я готооооооооооооооов

I sign up for faf depression round 3 !!

The embodiment of depression...

First to sign in and the first to sign out - I no longer have time available for the qualifier.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Hello signing up pls

Ras Boi's save lives.

Sign me up, I'm ready to defeat Grimplex

FAF Website Developer

Hi Sign me up pls

Might as well give it a try- Sign me up (Ladder 1136)

Aeon pickrate intensifies

Signing up

Signing up too plz

Map pool is posted!

I have also added a poll asking if people would prefer a U1500 and U1000 section be created for future seasonal invitationals. I would create separate brackets that would just be for people under U1500 and U1000 ladder. These brackets would just be playing for avatars and wouldn't be part of the main tournament.

This qualifier is the first time there's been significant interest from the U1500 crowd. It wouldn't be a large amount of additional overhead to run separate brackets if people prefer that.