Welcome to the Group Stage for the 2020 Fall Invitational. This stage will be made up with 4 groups of 4 players each. Games will be played round robin style with each player in a group playing each other player in a BO3. The top 2 players in each group will advance to the finals.
Date: September 19th
Start Time: 14:00 GMT
Chat: /join #fall
Tournament Director: Swkoll
There is a pool of 10 maps and maps will be selected using a veto and pick system. This means each player has 2 vetos, with the lower seed in the group vetoing first in an alternating pattern.(ie lower seed, upper seed, lower seed, upper seed). Next the higher seed will select the first map, the lower seed the second map, and if necessary the higher seed will select the third map. 5 of the maps are the same for each group and 5 maps are different for each group.
To clarify map picking:
- Figure out which maps are in your group, they are the 5 "All" maps and the 5 maps specific to your group.
- Lower seed (as shown by the position in the group) vetos first map
- Higher seed vetos next map
- Lower seed uses last veto
- Higher seed uses last veto
- Higher seed then picks the first map to play from the list of maps in the pool that have not been vetoed
- Lower seed picks the second map following the same rules
- In the event of a tie, higher seed picks the tie breaker map following the same rules
- The winner reports the results (including losses and tie games) to Swkoll in the #fall channel
If a player chooses the map generator players will play on the first map generated with these settings:
Number of Spawns: 2
Map Size: 10km
All other settings: Random
If there is a draw, the same map should be used instead of generating a new one.
with the following substitutes: